Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

LT Wright knives

Does anyone have any experience with LT Wright knives?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CZ evo3 View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with LT Wright knives?
    Yes! They are fantastic tools and well worth the price. LT used to be half of Blindhorse Knives, but he and the owner of what is now Battlehorse Knives separated into two businesses a few years ago.

They are the flagship of "bushcraft" knife makers for good reason. They make some of the best cutting tools you can find at any price. Build quality is amazing, heat treatments seem to be spot-on based on my use and sharpening experience, and the handles were clearly designed by someone who knows about actually using knives for cutting tasks. If you like to use the spine of your knife as a scraper (for wood, bark, ferro rod, whatever), they have what are probably the sharpest 90 degree spines on the market.

An LT Wright Genesis (flat grind, CPM 3V blade, matte green Micarta handle) rides in my pack that I take with me everywhere as my go-to multi-purpose cutting tool that I know I can count on. At least two contestants on History Channel's "Alone" took an LT Wright Genesis with them (Larry Roberts and Carleigh Fairchild). It's a modern version of the classic Horace Kephart field knife design and works well for just about anything from carving wood to food prep.

I gave my 01 Frontier First to a friend's son for his high school graduation this spring.

I had a Patriot in CPM 3V, but I sold it because I need $$$.

You can see a lot of reviews and use of them on youtube.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

Lt and his crew make great blades. The workmanship to cost ratio is amazing unbalanced. You are getting a ton of quality for your money. If your looking for a blade style he makes, look no further. I don't know alot of his crew but i do know LT, he's a great guy. As my southern relatives would say "He's good people"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Duck View Post
    No, I'm pretty sure Chubbs was telling the truth.

User Info Menu

I am saving for a GNS scandi for my next big knife purchase. LT Wright produces some fantastic stuff. The only problem is I can't afford any of it.
    We ascend to our destiny...to the Elysian fields

User Info Menu

I don't have any of his stuff, but I had a Blind Horse that was really nice.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    I don't have any of his stuff, but I had a Blind Horse that was really nice.
    The Blind Horse days were mostly before my foray into higher end fixed blades. You can definitely see the similarities between that shop's work and what both LT and the Battlehorse guy does. I also have a Battlehorse Smokey Mountain Razor, which is also a Kephart style, but with a really nicely designed handle that departs from the conventional "broomstick." They tend to grind from thicker stock than LT. For example, most of the Battlehorse knives are 5/32" thick at the spine, but my LT Wright Genesis is 1/8". I'd prefer 3/32", but I'd have to go with Bark River for that (which I probably will at some point).

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

I've never heard anything but great things about LT wright knives and I've been looking hard at their new 5" genesis. I'm a big fan of kephart style knives and that's where they seem to own the buy once, cry once market.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by teddy12b View Post
    I've never heard anything but great things about LT wright knives and I've been looking hard at their new 5" genesis. I'm a big fan of kephart style knives and that's where they seem to own the buy once, cry once market.
    Do eet!

INDIANA CONSTITUTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Do eet!
    All the sites that have the gen 5 are still at the $240 range. I'm going to have to wait a bit. Lots of brown boxes showing up this week that I have to come up with excuses for already.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by teddy12b View Post
    All the sites that have the gen 5 are still at the $240 range. I'm going to have to wait a bit. Lots of brown boxes showing up this week that I have to come up with excuses for already.
    It's too bad I didn't buy a 5-inch version before I got laid off. I'd be selling it to you right now!

Do you want the Scandi, saber, full convex, or flat grind? Steel preference?

I'm looking at them on the DLT Trading site now and the regular Genesis is showing blade thickness of 0.117" instead of 1/8"=0.125". I don't know if that's an error or if they changed them or if it's just how DLT had them commissioned. Either way: want.

They also weren't doing the full convex blade grind when I got mine!
    Last edited by rhino; 07-09-2019 at 16:46.

INDIANA CONSTITUTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast