Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Plinker 240sx's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I think I bought a Microtech Ultratech when
    they were like $200. Solid knife but I
    was just collecting at the time.
    Seems like they've gone up in price a bit

  2. #12
    Master shootersix's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by M67 View Post
    I've handled some Hogues and they do seem solid but really.......Microtech
    I thought the hogue otf's are mage by benchmade?

    to answer the op's question,I wanted to buy a blue handle microtech ultratech dagger style blade, about 260 at blade hq, but stopped at whitakers guns in Kentucky a few weeks ago, and they had benchmade infidels for 310 (325 out the door) so I picked one up, its really nice, but I don't carry it much, remember, otf's can be finicky pocket lint and dirt can cause "firing issues" (it wont lock open, or stops about 1/2 way out).

    keep lighter fluid handy for cleaning, and remoil (or some other Teflon oil) handy for lubing (and don't use much or the oil will attract pocket lint and dirt and cause the problems you're trying to solve)

    basically I carry a out the side weekdays (benchmade casbah, or protech godfather) and the otf is my weekend "driver" so to speak
    Never too many sigs in your safe!-mike4sigs

  3. #13
    M67
    M67 is offline
    Grandmaster M67's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by shootersix View Post
    I thought the hogue otf's are mage by benchmade?

    to answer the op's question,I wanted to buy a blue handle microtech ultratech dagger style blade, about 260 at blade hq, but stopped at whitakers guns in Kentucky a few weeks ago, and they had benchmade infidels for 310 (325 out the door) so I picked one up, its really nice, but I don't carry it much, remember, otf's can be finicky pocket lint and dirt can cause "firing issues" (it wont lock open, or stops about 1/2 way out).

    keep lighter fluid handy for cleaning, and remoil (or some other Teflon oil) handy for lubing (and don't use much or the oil will attract pocket lint and dirt and cause the problems you're trying to solve)

    basically I carry a out the side weekdays (benchmade casbah, or protech godfather) and the otf is my weekend "driver" so to speak
    I don't believe they are. Boker OTFs (some anyway) are made by Hogue and say Made by Hogue on them. Not Made by Becnhmade for Hogue but again I'm not sure.

    For the longest time HK were made by Benchmade....until this thread I didn't know Hogue got the HK contact or some of it

  4. #14
    INGO Homebrewer JettaKnight's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Well, I guess the boycott on Benchmade is officially over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

  5. #15
    Expert Itchytriggerfinger's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    HK Hadron on sale right now ($197) with code Hogue20.

    https://www.knifehub.com/product-pag...tf-hogue-54013

  6. #16
    INGO Homebrewer JettaKnight's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    What's the shipping rules w/ OTF blades?
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

  7. #17
    Master shootersix's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by M67 View Post
    I don't believe they are. Boker OTFs (some anyway) are made by Hogue and say Made by Hogue on them. Not Made by Becnhmade for Hogue but again I'm not sure.

    For the longest time HK were made by Benchmade....until this thread I didn't know Hogue got the HK contact or some of it
    well its not the first time, and wont be the last, but I was wrong, I guess hogue makes their own knives! (I thought they made the handles and shipped them to other companies to attach to blades), as for the benchmade/hk line, I have a hk scorch, and it was a lone wolf design, which benchmade bought lone wolf, and when they did, they rebranded and them as hk , and I think they've dropped all of the lone wolf designs, which kinda sucks because the lone wolf diablo/hk scorch is a pretty cool design (its a knife that opens with a thumb stud, or as a auto by a hidden scale release, I really wish i'd have bought a lone wolf version that had a rosewood handle lone_wolf_diablo-green.gif (the one on top) but after benchmade bought them they stopped making the wood handle version


    Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    What's the shipping rules w/ OTF blades?
    same as auto knives, I think usps is a nono! but private carriers (ups and fedex) will deliver them, but that opens up another "sticky wicket" most (but not all) online retailers will ship auto's to any state (with you signing a waiver saying you know the laws for your state), but manufacturers wont ship to you. (benchmade, gerber,crkt or buck) but blade hq/Kershaw guy/blade ops will

    for example I had a hk pika (it was my daughters actually) and it accidently got washed, and fell apart and the pivot was lost, I returned it to them, and since it was discontinued, they offered to give me online store credit (I paid 50 for it 5 years ago, and they gave me 100 dollars credit) so I picked a casaba (auto knife) and they asked if they had a akoa form for me (automatic knife owners agreement) and that they couldn't ship an automatic knife to me unless I was police or military, BUT they could ship it to a benchmade dealer and I could pick it up from them , so that's what I did.

    kinda messed up right?
    Never too many sigs in your safe!-mike4sigs

  8. #18
    Plinker

    User Info Menu

    They are both great knifes but OTF knives are not that strong and more for show/pleasure that being usable. That said, they are still very cool.

  9. #19
    Expert

    User Info Menu

    I carry a ViperTec OTF on my gear at work, mainly because well they are cheap and itís very handy to deploy with most gloves on. Now my personal off duty is a Sog. Iím not a knife guy and refuse to pay the $300/$400 for a knife.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge