was just collecting at the time.
    Seems like they've gone up in price a bit

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I've handled some Hogues and they do seem solid but really.......Microtech

I thought the hogue otf's are mage by benchmade?

to answer the op's question,I wanted to buy a blue handle microtech ultratech dagger style blade, about 260 at blade hq, but stopped at whitakers guns in Kentucky a few weeks ago, and they had benchmade infidels for 310 (325 out the door) so I picked one up, its really nice, but I don't carry it much, remember, otf's can be finicky pocket lint and dirt can cause "firing issues" (it wont lock open, or stops about 1/2 way out).

keep lighter fluid handy for cleaning, and remoil (or some other Teflon oil) handy for lubing (and don't use much or the oil will attract pocket lint and dirt and cause the problems you're trying to solve)

basically I carry a out the side weekdays (benchmade casbah, or protech godfather) and the otf is my weekend "driver" so to speak

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I thought the hogue otf's are mage by benchmade?

to answer the op's question,I wanted to buy a blue handle microtech ultratech dagger style blade, about 260 at blade hq, but stopped at whitakers guns in Kentucky a few weeks ago, and they had benchmade infidels for 310 (325 out the door) so I picked one up, its really nice, but I don't carry it much, remember, otf's can be finicky pocket lint and dirt can cause "firing issues" (it wont lock open, or stops about 1/2 way out).

keep lighter fluid handy for cleaning, and remoil (or some other Teflon oil) handy for lubing (and don't use much or the oil will attract pocket lint and dirt and cause the problems you're trying to solve)

basically I carry a out the side weekdays (benchmade casbah, or protech godfather) and the otf is my weekend "driver" so to speak

I don't believe they are. Boker OTFs (some anyway) are made by Hogue and say Made by Hogue on them. Not Made by Becnhmade for Hogue but again I'm not sure.

For the longest time HK were made by Benchmade....until this thread I didn't know Hogue got the HK contact or some of it

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I don't believe they are. Boker OTFs (some anyway) are made by Hogue and say Made by Hogue on them. Not Made by Becnhmade for Hogue but again I'm not sure.

For the longest time HK were made by Benchmade....until this thread I didn't know Hogue got the HK contact or some of it

well its not the first time, and wont be the last, but I was wrong, I guess hogue makes their own knives! (I thought they made the handles and shipped them to other companies to attach to blades), as for the benchmade/hk line, I have a hk scorch, and it was a lone wolf design, which benchmade bought lone wolf, and when they did, they rebranded and them as hk , and I think they've dropped all of the lone wolf designs, which kinda sucks because the lone wolf diablo/hk scorch is a pretty cool design (its a knife that opens with a thumb stud, or as a auto by a hidden scale release, I really wish i'd have bought a lone wolf version that had a rosewood handle View attachment 78591 (the one on top) but after benchmade bought them they stopped making the wood handle version

What's the shipping rules w/ OTF blades?
    same as auto knives, I think usps is a nono! but private carriers (ups and fedex) will deliver them, but that opens up another "sticky wicket" most (but not all) online retailers will ship auto's to any state (with you signing a waiver saying you know the laws for your state), but manufacturers wont ship to you. (benchmade, gerber,crkt or buck) but blade hq/Kershaw guy/blade ops will

for example I had a hk pika (it was my daughters actually) and it accidently got washed, and fell apart and the pivot was lost, I returned it to them, and since it was discontinued, they offered to give me online store credit (I paid 50 for it 5 years ago, and they gave me 100 dollars credit) so I picked a casaba (auto knife) and they asked if they had a akoa form for me (automatic knife owners agreement) and that they couldn't ship an automatic knife to me unless I was police or military, BUT they could ship it to a benchmade dealer and I could pick it up from them:dunno: , so that's what I did.

kinda messed up right?

harmonyaudio

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    They are both great knifes but OTF knives are not that strong and more for show/pleasure that being usable. That said, they are still very cool.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I carry a ViperTec OTF on my gear at work, mainly because well they are cheap and it’s very handy to deploy with most gloves on. Now my personal off duty is a Sog. I’m not a knife guy and refuse to pay the $300/$400 for a knife.

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    From what everyone tells me, owning a Microtech is essential, I’ve been looking at which one. I think I saw one in John Wick II that was cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom