Join INGunOwners For Free

Thread: New fixed blade

User Info Menu

New fixed blade

Been using a benchmade steep country knife for field dressing the past few years and love it.

decided I would like to have a new knife on my belt for camping and trips to my hunting property when I work on stands, clearing, plots etc.

thought about the small benchmade canyon hunter, also saw the new pardue hunter they came out with last year.

Should I toss an esee 3 into the mix?

Any my opinions would be appreciated. No heavy bushcraft work, just cutting rope, boxes,small pieces of wood or shaving wood, limbs etc.

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT Knife Lady's Avatar

User Info Menu

Benchmade and ESEE are great choices.
    A closed mind can't learn.

Please be kind to others.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by clfergus View Post
    Been using a benchmade steep country knife for field dressing the past few years and love it.

decided I would like to have a new knife on my belt for camping and trips to my hunting property when I work on stands, clearing, plots etc.

thought about the small benchmade canyon hunter, also saw the new pardue hunter they came out with last year.

Should I toss an esee 3 into the mix?

Any my opinions would be appreciated. No heavy bushcraft work, just cutting rope, boxes,small pieces of wood or shaving wood, limbs etc.

Can't go wrong with any of those choices. Of the three, the ESEE has the thinnest blade, which would push me in that direction (I own more than one ESEE 3s and none of the other two).

Quote Originally Posted by Knife Lady View Post
    Benchmade and ESEE are great choices.
    Indeed! And good to see you here!!!

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!