• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I ordered a few things from Amazon yesterday and was surprised when a box showed up today. When I opened it, I found the package contained something I wasn’t expecting. Inside was a beautiful Spyderco Autonomous 2 auto knife in LC200N steel. Closer inspection of the package revealed it was sent by Blade HQ, but I hadn’t ordered anything from them in months. Their website lists this as a $188 knife! But how could it have ended up in my mailbox?

The last thing I received from Blade HQ was sent to me by a member on a different forum I trade on somewhat regularly. He had sent it as a replacement for something USPS had lost. Wondering if there had been a mix-up, I sent the guy a message asking if he’d ordered anything lately. He seemed a bit suspicious but told me he had just purchased a Spyderco Autonomous 2. I explained the strange coincidence of my receiving the same knife today. He checked his account and realized my address had been auto-populated on his order and he hadn’t paid any attention when he placed the order. Well, there goes my free knife. It’s packed back up and waiting to be sent to it’s rightful owner tomorrow. :tantrum:

Moral of the story: check your shipping address when you order online! Also, I’d like to think his good karma of taking care of my lost knife has been repaid to him.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I was under the impression that Amazon did not sell auto knives. I just bought another one, from BladeOPS; I'd have ordered from Amazon to get the Prime shipping (and the rewards points!).

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    That's hilarious.
    Can't you at least cut into some smelly cheese or a nice bloody rare steak before sending it back? Of course don't wash it. Don't even wipe it off. :):
    Just tell him it works great.

Man.... What an adrenaline burnout you must have had. :(

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    It really does. I want to try out one of Spydercos autos.

The true owner of the knife did tell me I should mess around with it some and check it out. The actuator button is sort of cumbersome, but I’ve never felt an auto knife as solid as that one. Everything locked up right and it just had a feeling of quality to it.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I'd welcome a more cumbersome actuation button on a Spyderco vs. the easy-to-actuate button on the Kershaw autos. I've had one of my Kershaw autos open in my pocket at least twice now.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I'd welcome a more cumbersome actuation button on a Spyderco vs. the easy-to-actuate button on the Kershaw autos. I've had one of my Kershaw autos open in my pocket at least twice now.

That sounds like a pain in the ass. :rolleyes:

Unless it was in the front pocket.

Top Bottom