Join INGunOwners For Free

User Info Menu

+1 Microtech customer service

I picked up an Ultratech that was missing a screw, was pretty dirty, and needed a sharpening. I sent an email to Microtech CS and told them this knife was purchased second-hand and I absolutely expected to pay them for the cost of overhauling it. I sent it to them on 9/10. I got it back today, completely cleaned, sharpened, and a new screw added. They even sent a Velcro patch! Aside from the $9 to ship it, they didnít charge me a thing. The folks I emailed were super friendly and responsive as well. They went above and beyond in my opinion. I will be a customer for life after this experience.
    'Til that time I will remain, 'til the sinners lay down with the saints.

User Info Menu

I wish Emerson had that kind of customer service.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
    I wish Emerson had that kind of customer service.
    You should see how long people wat for Emerson to refurb customs , some people wait years it's good to hear that Microtech is taking their CS seriously now a days as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    Dude, from what I can tell from your photos, you don't do anything bargin bin.

User Info Menu

Did you have to ship it through a dealer? I thought Microtech wouldn't ship knives back and forth to an individual, I had heard they only ship to authorized dealers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kawtech87 View Post
    Did you have to ship it through a dealer? I thought Microtech wouldn't ship knives back and forth to an individual, I had heard they only ship to authorized dealers.
    No. They gave me an RA number and asked me to ship it via UPS. About 5 weeks later I got an email with the shipping info and it showed up. They told me in the email they ship to every state without issue.
    'Til that time I will remain, 'til the sinners lay down with the saints.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kawtech87 View Post
    You may be thinking of Benchmade, they will not return your auto directly to you.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jsharmon7 View Post
    No. They gave me an RA number and asked me to ship it via UPS. About 5 weeks later I got an email with the shipping info and it showed up. They told me in the email they ship to every state without issue.
    Good info thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    You may be thinking of Benchmade, they will not return your auto directly to you.
    You could be right I may have been thinking of Benchmade