Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    M67

User Info Menu

Budget and purpose / size ?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jbombelli View Post
    Too much knife for you?

Lol.

In a way, yes! There is too much knife at the edge where it needs to have less knife to cut efficiently. And there is too much knife for my fiscal status to sit in my vehicle unused!

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    In a way, yes! There is too much knife at the edge where it needs to have less knife to cut efficiently. And there is too much knife for my fiscal status to sit in my vehicle unused!
    I figured. If you bought a knife like that for slicing tomatoes, you bought the wrong knife. Lol.

And as an aside, I don't really see too many Comp Finish knives for sale these days.

Behold, my SJTAC with IWB sheath. Forgive the scratches, I use the **** out of this knife. Like your Hellrazor it isn't the greatest slicer, but it shaves hair off my arm very easily. I carry it pretty often.

Edited because I can never seem to get the right link from imgur the first time.
    A knife is never really yours until it drinks your blood.

User Info Menu

Is there anything out there that would do well as a fighting knife and also be decent at chopping ?
    Last edited by Disgruntled0321; 1 Week Ago at 23:59.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lonehoosier View Post
    Iíll never go back to a folder.
    Good man. Fold your hands, not your knives.
    not rhino

User Info Menu

I dont care for folders either. The point where the blade folds leaves too much probability for something to go wrong for my liking.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Folders have a time and place. I throw a small fixed blade as a lightweight backup option when backpacking solo, but I've yet to be on a trip where I couldn't have gotten by with my swiss army knife. Solo backpacking in the dead of winter, I'll carry a bigger blade, but with a group on a crowded trail my swiss army more than gets the job done.

User Info Menu

Are Cold Steel knives any good?
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DadSmith View Post
    Are Cold Steel knives any good?
    Cold Steel markets a wide variety of products originating from a number of different manufacturers. Some of their stuff sucks, some are excellent values, and some are very good knives. Much of the criticism of the company is based on the personality of the owner and what some less than original designs. However, you can't deny the strength of Demko's Triad Lock and the overall performance of some their products.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

Plinker

User Info Menu

How about the Fallkniven A1?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2