• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Disgruntled0321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2019
    In a compound
    I've always carried a Kabar of some sort and I do collect them also. Looking to get into a new brand of fixed blades now just to have something different. Nothing at all wrong with my beloved Kabars by any means. I'm just trying to switch it up some.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    ESEE-6 or ESEE-6HM.

esee6p_0.png
    esee6hm-1.png

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Anything Esee or Jeff White if you're looking for a carbon steel blade. Honestly I'm still looking for something to love made out of stainless for being around water and stuff.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I've always carried a Kabar of some sort and I do collect them also. Looking to get into a new brand of fixed blades now just to have something different. Nothing at all wrong with my beloved Kabars by any means. I'm just trying to switch it up some.

What are you wanting to do with it and what’s your budget?

Anything Esee or Jeff White if you're looking for a carbon steel blade. Honestly I'm still looking for something to love made out of stainless for being around water and stuff.

Have you ever checked out Busse Knives and their INFI steel?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I haven't ever handled a Busse. I've never heard a bad thing about them either, I've just never gotten my hands on one.

I will be selling my Busse Hellrazor (INFI, competition finish, tan Micarta scales) as soon as I get an estimate on its current value. You're welcome to check it out if it interests you.

Disgruntled0321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2019
    In a compound
    Thanks for the replies everyone. Ive heard of ESEE. Budget doesnt matter much. I want something quality but yet wont break the bank. As far as its intended use goes I would just have to leave that vague. There's no telling what I may need it to do. I'd like for it to be able to handle everything from defense to camping and everything else one could think of. I'm an avid hunter, fisherman, all around outdoorsman. I also would like it to be able to withstand utilitarian uses also.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    In a way, yes! There is too much knife at the edge where it needs to have less knife to cut efficiently. And there is too much knife for my fiscal status to sit in my vehicle unused!

I figured. If you bought a knife like that for slicing tomatoes, you bought the wrong knife. Lol.

And as an aside, I don't really see too many Comp Finish knives for sale these days.

Behold, my SJTAC with IWB sheath. Forgive the scratches, I use the **** out of this knife. Like your Hellrazor it isn't the greatest slicer, but it shaves hair off my arm very easily. I carry it pretty often.

mW1KPhC.jpg

Edited because I can never seem to get the right link from imgur the first time.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Folders have a time and place. I throw a small fixed blade as a lightweight backup option when backpacking solo, but I've yet to be on a trip where I couldn't have gotten by with my swiss army knife. Solo backpacking in the dead of winter, I'll carry a bigger blade, but with a group on a crowded trail my swiss army more than gets the job done.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Are Cold Steel knives any good?

Cold Steel markets a wide variety of products originating from a number of different manufacturers. Some of their stuff sucks, some are excellent values, and some are very good knives. Much of the criticism of the company is based on the personality of the owner and what some less than original designs. However, you can't deny the strength of Demko's Triad Lock and the overall performance of some their products.

Top Bottom