Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Recommend me a new fixed blade knife

I've always carried a Kabar of some sort and I do collect them also. Looking to get into a new brand of fixed blades now just to have something different. Nothing at all wrong with my beloved Kabars by any means. I'm just trying to switch it up some.

User Info Menu

ESEE-6 or ESEE-6HM.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Anything Esee or Jeff White if you're looking for a carbon steel blade. Honestly I'm still looking for something to love made out of stainless for being around water and stuff.

User Info Menu

There are so many. Off the top of my head...

Bradshaw Blades (who is in Indiana)
    Dan Tope
    Vehement (Matt Martin)
    Matt Helm
    Grayman
    R. S. knifeworks
    BRT Bladeworks
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Disgruntled0321 View Post
    I've always carried a Kabar of some sort and I do collect them also. Looking to get into a new brand of fixed blades now just to have something different. Nothing at all wrong with my beloved Kabars by any means. I'm just trying to switch it up some.
    What are you wanting to do with it and whatís your budget?

Quote Originally Posted by teddy12b View Post
    Anything Esee or Jeff White if you're looking for a carbon steel blade. Honestly I'm still looking for something to love made out of stainless for being around water and stuff.
    Have you ever checked out Busse Knives and their INFI steel?
    Busse Combat. Unchallenged. Unmatched. No regrets.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jd4320t View Post
    Have you ever checked out Busse Knives and their INFI steel?
    I haven't ever handled a Busse. I've never heard a bad thing about them either, I've just never gotten my hands on one.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by teddy12b View Post
    I haven't ever handled a Busse. I've never heard a bad thing about them either, I've just never gotten my hands on one.
    I will be selling my Busse Hellrazor (INFI, competition finish, tan Micarta scales) as soon as I get an estimate on its current value. You're welcome to check it out if it interests you.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    I will be selling my Busse Hellrazor (INFI, competition finish, tan Micarta scales) as soon as I get an estimate on its current value. You're welcome to check it out if it interests you.
    Too much knife for you?

Lol.
    A knife is never really yours until it drinks your blood.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Thanks for the replies everyone. Ive heard of ESEE. Budget doesnt matter much. I want something quality but yet wont break the bank. As far as its intended use goes I would just have to leave that vague. There's no telling what I may need it to do. I'd like for it to be able to handle everything from defense to camping and everything else one could think of. I'm an avid hunter, fisherman, all around outdoorsman. I also would like it to be able to withstand utilitarian uses also.

User Info Menu

Iíve been EDCíing an ESEE-4 for over 4 years now and love it. Iíll never go back to a folder.

Jay/lonehoosier INGOer #14,649

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    IF they concealed their contempt as well as they concealed their handgun, it would be a much more meaningful conversation.
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast