• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    Did my own deer processing last year. Need a couple of knives to help in the kitchen and looking for suggestions. We NEED another butcher knife. I would like a filet knife for silver skin removal. A paring knife-ish for deboning or getting into joints to cut them apart.

Smokey mountain knife blew my mind. Looked st Cold Steelbut saw mixed reviews.

Believe in cry once, but do not want to break bank.

Suggestions? I gotta get 3 deer processed yet this season. Better knives will help.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Did my own deer processing last year. Need a couple of knives to help in the kitchen and looking for suggestions. We NEED another butcher knife. I would like a filet knife for silver skin removal. A paring knife-ish for deboning or getting into joints to cut them apart.

Smokey mountain knife blew my mind. Looked st Cold Steelbut saw mixed reviews.

Believe in cry once, but do not want to break bank.

Suggestions? I gotta get 3 deer processed yet this season. Better knives will help.

Sams keeps white handled restaurant style knives in stock. I you can sharpen at all, they will do the job in a cost effective way.
    Wusthoff Trident is my go to for kitchen knives, although there are some other fine options.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    61   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Wusthoff and Victorinox knives are what i use, they have about any style your looking for, we process a hog and a beef almost yearly and this is all we use. Victoronox are sharpened at 17 degree angle so keep that in mind on those

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Wusthoff and Victorinox knives are what i use, they have about any style your looking for, we process a hog and a beef almost yearly and this is all we use. Victoronox are sharpened at 17 degree angle so keep that in mind on those

I am a huge fan of Wustoff and have one of their boning knives. But, the Victorinox is a third of the price and very highly rated. The Victorinox is much more flexible as well.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Cangshan is a knife set I bought for my wife Christmas. They resharpen well and handle well. They have excellent reviews on Amazon.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom