Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: EMT Shears

User Info Menu

EMT Shears

Im in the market for a few pars of EMT Shears. What should I be looking for? Are there any well-respected brands? Where to buy? Any guidance is appreciated.

User Info Menu

All my IFAKs have a generic pair of trauma shears I picked up in the pharmacy section of the local Meijer. I think they were under $10.

A lot of the taticool medical folks like the Leatherman Raptor shears because they fold up compact and have multiple tools.

https://www.leatherman.com/raptor-51.html

Personally I think the ~ $60+.price tag is pretty salty considering I don't make a living working out of the back of an ambulance.
    Well, I ain't always right but I've never been wrong,
    seldom turns out the way it does in a song.
    Once in a while you get shown the light
    in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Shooter

User Info Menu

I carry ones I got from NAR, and a set of mini ones that came with my Ryker AFAK. Iíve looked at the Raptor, but likeMCgrease08 wasnít willing to spend the coin.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I have the same ones from meijer they have a grey and yellow handle. I've used one pair a couple of times and they've never not cut. I have cut a seatbelt, the tops off a pair of cowboy boots and denim no problem.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post

Personally I think the ~ $60+.price tag is pretty salty considering I don't make a living working out of the back of an ambulance.
    You wouldn't use them then either. You'd use the ones supplied to you and toss them after you used them.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I usually get the not-quite-the-cheapest ones. Doesn't hurt as much when they disappear.

Check out the Benchmade Rescue Hook as well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    All my IFAKs have a generic pair of trauma shears I picked up in the pharmacy section of the local Meijer. I think they were under $10.

A lot of the taticool medical folks like the Leatherman Raptor shears because they fold up compact and have multiple tools.

https://www.leatherman.com/raptor-51.html

after 25 yrs in EMS these are all I will use. Those cheap ones are good for a few incidents and then a PIA. If you pay more your more apt to keep track of them. Same philosophy I used for buying Oakley.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Grogmister View Post
    after 25 yrs in EMS these are all I will use. Those cheap ones are good for a few incidents and then a PIA. If you pay more your more apt to keep track of them. Same philosophy I used for buying Oakley.
    Referring to the leatherman?

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !

User Info Menu

I get a pair every time I order from NAR. I have probably ten pair in my bag and I use them until theyíre either blood soaked or donít work well, then I toss em and start on a new pair.
    VUPDblue's Rule #1: Don't be a jerk.

Marion County Fish and Game.Central Indiana's best shooting
    sports facility!

Rules of the INGO Classifieds

INGO rules of conduct

INGO Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Expert

User Info Menu

Tytek, North American Rescue, just make sure they are sturdy both metal and plastic parts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast