Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: looking for a decent made in USA knife for trimming meat

User Info Menu

looking for a decent made in USA knife for trimming meat

Just started getting into smoking meat with a new pellet grill. Wondering if any of you could recommend a nice made in USA trimming knife.

Thanks in advance.

User Info Menu

I would go vintage. Start hitting a few junk shops. Find an old one and fix it up. Unfortunately nothing is made here anymore.
    I won’t be wronged, I won’t be insulted, and I won’t be laid a hand on.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Look at Cutco knives, they are made here. I believe there is still a Cutco store in indy.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I bought a nice set of knives from Lamson two years ago because it's cheaper than Wustof and are made with the same steel. With the rosewood handles these knives look great! I just did a light sharpening last weekend and they honestly didn't need it.....but that's quarentine for ya.

Kitchen Shears were being cleaned when I snapped the pic this evening.

God Hunting!
    Last edited by FN USA; 04-29-2020 at 19:50.

User Info Menu

If you're posting here for suggestions, then one would believe you would pay good money for quality items. I urge you to contact nova512. He make custom cutlery of all types. Here's a pic of the knife he made for me.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by indyjohn View Post
    If you're posting here for suggestions, then one would believe you would pay good money for quality items. I urge you to contact nova512. He make custom cutlery of all types. Here's a pic of the knife he made for me.

Thats very nice. I have a few nice folders (ZT, Microtech, spyderco) and some nicer fixed blades(ESEE, BUSSE, survive!). Our kitchen knives however are calphalon and were a wedding present. They were nice for a few years but not they are starting to rust. Would also like to spend the money on something made here. Is Nova512 just a member on this site, or does he have a website?

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Clay Pigeon View Post
    Look at Cutco knives, they are made here. I believe there is still a Cutco store in indy.
    Really? I gave those away that we got as a gift in the 90s...

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

My daily knives are 30 year old Henckles but they are from Germany. I took my Lamson to the RV as they were not as good to me. Look on FB marketplace for old school wood handles made in Germany as the quality is higher than the newer models...

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ingomike View Post
    Really? I gave those away that we got as a gift in the 90s...
    You probably should have kept them, a small set can easily be 500 bucks to 1300 for large set of knives.

https://www.cutco.com/products/thumb...hop=knife-sets

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast