• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    Any advice on sharpening and or recoating ESEE blades? I have an ESEE 6 and whatever coating they put on it is flaking off. I assume it's some sort of bed liner esque coating.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    I thought of that..I messaged them once and never heard anything back. Don't figure warranty includes worn finish.

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    Yeah this will most likely be on you but I have no idea how they warr. their products.
    Kinda cheaping out. The knife hold an edge fine or at least cuts brisket well enough. It's just the hard finish coming off.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    You might want to PM Brad from Brads Knives and get his input. Hes a Ingo member and my go to for any issues I've had with my Esees if the factory wont stepup.

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    You might want to PM Brad from Brads Knives and get his input. Hes a Ingo member and my go to for any issues I've had with my Esees if the factory wont stepup.
    Sent him off a message. I'm going to assume finish wear is just a cosmetic thing and not a warranty thing. It still cuts brisket and steak well. Just annoys me finding pieces of the finish every once in a while.

But it very well could be because it's my go to knife. It's been one of the best knives I've ever had.

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    The coating is going to wear with use. I wouldn’t worry about it. I’m always happy to see it wear away. Makes me feel good that I’m using it.
    Me too. Until I find a piece of it in my food. Brisket and bed liner are not complimentary.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Me too. Until I find a piece of it in my food. Brisket and bed liner are not complimentary.

It's not really meant to be that kind of knife. There are lots of other knives suitable for slicing brisket. I'm not trying to come off like a jerk, but if you don't want flakes in your food, stop using it like a kitchen knife.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    It’s paint, not truck liner. It’s coated because the blade material is high carbon steel. You can sand the paint off but will have to wipe it down with a good grade oil after each cleaning.

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    It’s paint, not truck liner. It’s coated because the blade material is high carbon steel. You can sand the paint off but will have to wipe it down with a good grade oil after each cleaning.
    It's gotta be some kind of special paint. It's harder than hell. Must be made with unobtanium. Hold up to heat and beating just not meat juices.

Probably gonna see that Brad says and then I'll just stop using it when I smoke food. I usually end up to lazy or buzzed chase down my Cuisinart knives.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    4TuA6zV.jpg

sonny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2020
    Danville
    I have an Izula and havent had any issues such as that, I would suggest you contact them or send back. They have great customer service

Top Bottom