• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • peterock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Looking for examples of true IWB fixed blade rigs everyone uses? I carry a pistol AIWB and a pocket knife but I would like to have a dedicated IWB setup for a fixed blade as well. Any suggestions?

I did try a knock off bastinell picouer(sp?) with the kydex and ulticlip for IWB but the vertical positioning was not comfortable when sitting due the length of the knife.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I've been carrying a White River M1 back packer. Just use the sheath it comes with put a IWB loop on it and toss their included belt attachment in the trash. Works great also like my Spartan Phrike done the same way both are weak side carry blade forward with the loop behind the handle. This allows the knife to move with you.

Last edited:

peterock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I've been carrying a White River M1 back packer. Just use the sheath it comes with put a IWB loop on it and toss their included belt attachment in the trash. Works great also like my Spartan Phrike done the same way both are weak side carry blade forward with the loop behind the handle. This allows the knife to move with you.

is it a straight vertical carry or canted?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Forward cant. I usually put the loop behind the 2nd belt loop to the left and position the handle to lay in the crease between my hip and gut. Call it anti-appendix carry if you will. About 10:30 position.

I will note that anything over 8 inches long becomes uncomfortable..... oh wait, that's what she said!!! Ha!

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I carry a ESEE-4 along with a Glock 17 mag inside the waste band. Works very well for me.

KU4qeby

BTKrm5M.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have trouble finding a place to EDC a fixed blade on the belt. Too much other stuff going on along with a length that ends up not working well for my midline anywhere around.

I've settled on Benchmade SOCP's clipped inside front pockets, resembling a folder clipped similarly. Shirt tail always untucked covers everything.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    What about horizontal carry outside the waist? I had a neat little sheath made up for my old Kershaw Echo I like, and it doesn't hang down any at all. Easy to get to even for a big fat dude like me.

103583110_2604271619821315_592172370574801586_n.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Where are y'all finding all this room inside your waistbands?? I'm afraid that ship has sailed for me. :): But then again, I don't like pointing shooty or stabby things at my junk.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    3zFWEw3.jpg

The top one has a simple paracord loop that my belt goes thorough, and the bottom one has a belt clip (a spare I had in a box of stuff).

Both work fine. the advantage of the clip, though, is being able to remove your knife and sheath without taking off your belt.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom