• ...and so much more!
  • warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I want a knife forged but don't know any blade smiths that are still forging here in Indiana. Some years ago Saylors was in Mooresville, Damlovic in Plainfield, the guy that ran the carry-out in Brownsberg, just to give 3. I know there are new guys out there with their Masters or Journeyman stamp living in Indiana. I would like a few names if possible. I want someone that can do a double edge spear point hollow ground blade, integral guard long low profile, and handle with scales made of bone or horn, butt cap with a lanyard hole in it integral to knife. I am looking at 1095 or Damascus

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    This is what Rob made for me.

Robs-Razors.jpg

tjh88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Vallonia
    I've got a summer intern working for me that he and his brother make custom knives. His brother is on Facebook, James Kalkbrenner. I can get you in touch with Grant if interested. They do good work and are really fine young men.

Cur Dog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    Lafayette area
    I'm still forging knives. I hold a JS rating with the ABS. You can see some of my work on Instagram at thayer_knives. Please contact me if intrested.

Attachments

• 20190722_095258.jpg
      20190722_095258.jpg
      615.2 KB · Views: 14

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I'm still forging knives. I hold a JS rating with the ABS. You can see some of my work on Instagram at thayer_knives. Please contact me if intrested.

That is nice. I love doing hidden tangs. Maybe we should start a thread with just forged knives? Last week was really crappy for me, so I decided to just take Friday night and Sunday for some hot steel therapy. Ended the session with a 9 inch re-curve. 1095 and 15n20 full tang with stabilized walnut for the handle.
    resize2.jpg

abeguzmanmarine

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    TERRE HAUTE
    lets try this again
    <blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/h5lBZ9T" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/h5lBZ9T"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom