• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    I have been fortunate enough to know 5 of my great grandparents, and still have all my grandparents living and healthy. Not long ago though my great grandfather passed, the last of my great grandparents. I felt more of a connection to him because I get my middle name from him. He was an Ohio dairy farmer and avid coon hunter. I really wanted something of his, but as families are there was drama surrounding the estate and I am way back in line for any of his guns. However my grandmother surprised me with one of his knives. I don't know anything about it, whether it was some rare old knife or a piece of flea market junk, who made it etc. Regardless it's priceless to me. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about it. I had to wash what appeared to be blood off of the identical blades to get to the name "Woodruff Cooner" Google search turned up nothing.

picture.php

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I don't know anything about the brand, but I think its a really, really, really cool that you got it. I would definitely cherish something like that.

+1. Anything that my late Grandpa ever gave me has a special meaning to me now. I completely understand how much that means to you. Put it in a safe.

bigkahunasix

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Go over to Bladeforums.com and register, under the General forums heading is the Bernard Levine Collectors forum. They are very helpful and extremely knowledgeable on slipjoint knives.

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    The brand, quality, and value of "Grandpa's" anything is not why it is important. right now I have a blade of my Grandfathers in my pocket. I haven't used it since he gave it to me years ago, now that he is gone I almost always have either one of his knives or pocket tape measures with me.

I carried my Great Grandfathers gun to my Grandfathers funeral, and I will carry Grandpa's gun to his wifes.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I have several of my Grandfathers tools, old hand drills and bits that I still use from time to time. Passed on to me from my dad and will go on to my son. He thought they were "neat" and was interested in how they worked without electricity. Also have an old double barrel exposed hammer shotgun he purchased new in 1903 that put a lot of food on the table during both world wars and the depression when times were tight.

bullet293

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    OMOKOK
    its a queen steel trapper with grooved delrin scales. very good old knife made from the 50's to the 80's approx. hard to tell when this was made without a good picture of the blade marking.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    found out on blade forums it's a queen circa 1974 not actually a trapper because the blades are identical. It appears to be a "custom" design queen did for a distributor. There is a woodruff county in ohio (where the kinfe is from) that is high on coon hunting and not far from where my great grandpa lived.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    At least rsee45 has his number out there now. It is untelling what interesting people will be calling him now.

Top Bottom