• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I have always liked SOG knives however it seems alot of negative opinion has been floating around lately. I think them signing the "Gunny" R. Lee Emery as their new spokesman is genius. I think SOG was smart to do this. I realize that a spokesman doesnt have anything to do with the quality of a product but it does help with company reputation in some eyes. What do you think?

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    I don't know anyone that doesn't like SOG, though most prefer benchmade. I personally know at lest 5 guys in my company that carry SOG folders and a lot that have SOG seal pups on their rigs. I have a benchmade and a SOG folder backup.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    there reputation went downhill once they moved production out of seki city, and that joke of a customer service dept. doesn't help things. instead of high quality knives they now just use the name to demand prices they do while making lower quality products. now I'm not saying the knives are all horrible but they are a shadow of there former self.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    there reputation went downhill once they moved production out of seki city, and that joke of a customer service dept. doesn't help things. instead of high quality knives they now just use the name to demand prices they do while making lower quality products. now I'm not saying the knives are all horrible but they are a shadow of there former self.

so which ones are and which ones aren't???? :D but really... i wanna know your opinion! I wouldn't trade my old seal pup for anything!

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    where are most SOGs made now? A guy at the 1500 said "all made in USA"

Sog is a USA company but most of their knives are made in Seki City Japan or Taiwan depending on the model. There are a few models that are still made in the US...but my understanding is that is not going to be the case in the future.

Last edited:

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have a SOG Trident Tanto that I really like. Now you guys have peaked my interest. How can you tell where it was made? It's not stamped on the blade anywhere I can readily see. Only a Pat. Pending mark on one side and the SOG logo on the other side. I haven't had it for more than 2 years, so I don't know if that helps. I'm assuming the worst I guess as I know most places are looking for the cheapest production possible.

I like the knife for whatever that is worth. It's been excellent actually. :twocents:

Thanks...

nahfuten

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Zionsville
    SOG Customer Service told me that all of their assisted openers are made in Lynnwood, Washington. They also told me that the new SOGzilla series is made in China. I'm waiting to hear back on the Seal Pup and Field Pup lines.

Top Bottom