• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breas1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Indy
    OK, so i cant seem to put an edge on a knife for the life of me. I've managed to keep my deer knife sharp kinda, but i have a few others that i cant seem to put an edge on for the life of me. I admit i am using some cheep plastic sharpeners that i bought. Where can i learn to sharpen a knife and what do i need to buy. My benchmade went from being able to shred a piece of paper biased on its weight alone to being able to drag it across your hand and do no harm. Thanks for all the input in advanced.

Brad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    You can also send it back to benchmade and for $5 they will resharpen it for you. I know that doesn't solve the problem long term, but they offer the service for as long as you have the knife. Their website will give you the details of where to send it.

bullet293

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    OMOKOK
    i like the gatco diamond sharpening system for a real dull knife and my old trusty gerber flat steel for making a sharp edge razor sharp.

breas1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Indy
    Thanks for all the help, i'm a little concerned to ship it back to bench made since its an auto opener and i'm not military, got it from a friend. Tyler i would be interested in something like that i'll keep my eye out for some more details. Thanks for all the responses.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Thanks for all the help, i'm a little concerned to ship it back to bench made since its an auto opener and i'm not military, got it from a friend. Tyler i would be interested in something like that i'll keep my eye out for some more details. Thanks for all the responses.
    Odds are, this won't be an issue as they will likely assume that you are a lawful owner.

caneman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Lagrange County
    Good lick. I'm 70 and have never learned to sharpen a knife. Bought Lansky and another (I think Smith) and can saw my way through butter if it's soft.

Sgt Stoner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Fishers
    OK I have a Benchmade Assisted Open knife that I got in Iraq... I dont recall the exact model of the knife and dont currently have it with me. Shortly before leaving Iraq I broke about a quarter inch off the tip of the knife. Am I screwed or do I have any options? This knife came in sooo handy in the desert and would hate to lose it!

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    you could send it into benchmade and see if you get lucky or have someone regrind the tip. how much did you take off? got pics?

Top Bottom