• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Yes! I carry a knife. Have carried a swiss army knife since I was a child and first watched McGyver. And this knife has saved my butt several times. Never figured out what the spike thing was for but its great for notching a belt and cleaning gun grit from tight places. My knife stays sharp and never lets me down. I use it when I clean my guns, work on my truck, and daily around the house. Never thought something this small would impact my simple life so much.

What do you carry? WHY? Please post pics if possible!

P.S. Hope this is in the right place! Was thinking a knife would fit in "survival"

ashylarry

Expert
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    May 9, 2008
    Greencastle
    I carry one of these most of the time. The bottom I carry at work, and the top the most when outside of work.

DSC01229.jpg

DSC01227.jpg

DSC01228.jpg

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    100 percent of the time. I've got a 1st gen Howling Rat (Swamp Rat) or a Busse Meaner Streets (both small fixed blade) that are in the man-bag along with a big Swiss Vic.

On my person, there is always some folder. I'm a bit of a knife knut, so there are a wide variety of folders and fixed in the collection. Everything from small tac to HUGE (think Busse Battle Mistress) sized blades.

Lately, the edc pocket rotation has included a Chris Reeves Large Classic Sebenza, a Swamp Rat Folder, and a Spyderco Calypso Jr. Folder manu's are typically one of the above, Benchmade or Kershaw.

If you ever get the chance, go to the annual Blade Show some June in Atlanta. It is Shot Show for knives...

Hello, my name is Stacey and I have a knife problem...

Sebenza
    chr317.jpg

Swamp Rat Rat Trap
    SwampRat-RatTrap-15.jpg

Spyderco Calypso Jr.
    IMG_1536.JPG

Busse Fusion Battle Mistress (My LE is actually # 18)
    busse-FBMLE-2008514.jpg

Busse LMS
    mrs-satin-green-1-hi.jpg

Last edited:

Bhriindan82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    West Indy
    Yup. As long as I'm wearing pants, I have my knife, wallet, keys (which have a small swiss army knife attached, so I guess that's 2), phone, contact solution & inhaler. Usually another 1-2 knives if I'm in my car (one of which stays with my first-aid kit). I tend to carry a lot of junk around, I guess.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I almost always have a knife on my person. This is the folder that I carry for work

Columbia-SeahawIIAT8347995.jpg

the other knife that I carry is a

KS-1680STlarge.gif

or for formal occasions, I like this one

blackauto1.jpg

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    where did you get that folder on the top sarge? i used to have one like it but it was lost in the dunes in Az and haven't found a new one anywhere yet.:(

it's a CRKT Seahawk and I've had it for along time. They are no longer imported but you can still find them occasionally.

Try here Extremely Sharp--Columbia River Seahawk II<
    this is the smaller one and I know nothing about this company

pmpmstrb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Purdy where did you get that Gerber at? How much? I wouldn't mind picking one up. I liked it when I saw it at Brandan's.

ashylarry

Expert
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    May 9, 2008
    Greencastle
    Whats the bottom one you carry at work Nick?
    I carry a SuperKnife with replaceable blades that I'm looking to replace due to a sloppy blade holder.

It's a Gerber. He picked it up at WalMart. Around $10 IIRC.

Yah its a gerber that I picked up at walmart. And it was $9.99 ri22o! :D

I like it so far. Very slim for a razor blade knife. Better than the ****** ones they give us there.

BennyBlown2v

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Zionsville, IN
    knife%20%282%29.jpg

knife.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pics, camera phone is all I got right now :(

Anyway that's my Benchmade Mel Pardue, I carry it all the time, unless I forget it in my other pants or something haha. It says on the blade ATS-34, so I guess that's the model, but I'm not sure; it may even be one of the collectible ones. It was given to my grandfather by my uncle who owns a gun store, Grandpa lost it, I tried to give it back to him, and he just said "Oh I got one like that" and let me keep it LOL... Kept it in my pocket ever since (8+ yrs).

As a kid I had a pretty big and detailed antique pocket knife collection, but my parents confiscated it when i was 11yrs old for some unrelated thing I did (either breaking the oven on accident or fighting my big sister haha). By the time they gave them back my dad had started to carry them and use them, ruining their value, and actually losing a couple of my more collectable and expensive knives.

KevinH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I carry 2 at a time. One is a trusty Kershaw lock blade for everyday use. The other is a TDI/K-bar on the belt. Interesting knife, draws like a gun. Shorter range. Last ditch weapon and up close. My wife carries the same K-bar and her Kershaw assisted opener. Oops, might be illegal in this state. We carry because there are bad people out there and I don't know exactly where they are all of the time. The belt knife is good if some dirt bag grabs your primary weapon. As we were told at Tactical Defense Institute, "Insert, remove, repeat as needed." John Benner, owner and designer of the knife. Check it out at Tactical Defense Institute We also carry sheath knives on our packs when hiking. Bears and badgers out there you know.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    This is my daily carry.
    I don't leave home without all this junk.
    That multi-tool thing is Winchester's version of a
    Leatherman wanabee. I use it almost every day for something or other.
    Rarely ever the blades, but the other tool dealies! Rawks.

Carry-1.jpg

Top Bottom