• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bdj357

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    DaRegion NWI Crown Point
    I would prefer "Made in the USA", but I handled three knife today which have me sold...

Spyderco PPT (Taiwan)
    Spyderco Tenacious (China)

They were all ordered today i was so impressed.

Will post pictures when I recieve them.

Last edited:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I own a tenacious and love it except for the steel. if they put it in even vg10(not my favorite) it would be one of their top sellers.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Alot of companies (not just Spyderco) have different price points for their knives to cover the market from a customer affordability viewpoint. Knives that are made in China and Taiwan will usually fall in the lower (price) range/catagory and use lower quality steels and materials (labor costs also will determine the final price).

If it bothers you that a knife is made in China or Taiwan...step up and pay for a USA made knife. Spyderco makes alot of higher end (quality/price) knives that use S30V and 154CM steel and are made in Golden Colorado. Spyderco knives that use VG-10 steel usually are made in Seki Japan and fall in the middle of the price range.

bdj357

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    DaRegion NWI Crown Point
    Some of the knives out of Taiwan are pretty expensive right now and coming in some excellent Steel options.

I am buying for quality and it seems the quality assurance out of Spyderco is top notch regardless of where it is produced.

I guess the big determining factor is where the knife is manufactured in regards to company not what county where the manufacturing is completed.

stony

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Pittsboro,IN
    I have a Sage and Sage II that are made in Taiwan, and the fit and finish are excellent. Would be nice if it said Golden on the blades though.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    well...look at it this way, The government made money of of import taxes, the importer made money, the distributor made money, and the dealer made money...most of the bucks spent likely stayed here in the US.

I also believe in quality over location, junk is made all over the world including in the US.

Top Bottom