Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 54
  1. #1
    Grandmaster jsharmon7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Freedonia
    Posts
    5,569

    My poor truck...

    Well, I'm sending my truck your way. We were stopped at a red light yesterday when a Ford F-150 rear-ended us at about 45-50mph. Due to his extracurriculars, his evening was a lot longer and more painful than ours.
    'Til that time I will remain, 'til the sinners lay down with the saints.

  2. #2
    Master hoosierdaddy1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    newton county
    Posts
    4,724
    Ugh, sorry to hear.
    Quote Originally Posted by WILSON View Post
    n/m - hoosierdaddy1976 beat me.

  3. #3
    Grandmaster halfmileharry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South of Indy
    Posts
    8,893
    I like Allen and all but.... Better you than me bro
    Everyone OK?
    That's what's relevant. The rest is cosmetics.
    The more you sweat in training the less you bleed in battle.

  4. #4
    Grandmaster jsharmon7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Freedonia
    Posts
    5,569
    Wife got a checkout at the ER, and I have a bruised elbow. Other than that, all is well. Insurance was contacted this morning so I'm just hoping the truck can be fixed. It was a hard hit, but it seems to have taken it like a champ. His truck was much worse.
    'Til that time I will remain, 'til the sinners lay down with the saints.

  5. #5
    Grandmaster halfmileharry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South of Indy
    Posts
    8,893
    Quote Originally Posted by jsharmon7 View Post
    Wife got a checkout at the ER, and I have a bruised elbow. Other than that, all is well. Insurance was contacted this morning so I'm just hoping the truck can be fixed. It was a hard hit, but it seems to have taken it like a champ. His truck was much worse.
    Keep an eye on the bumps and bruises and happy you walked away at least.
    Anything man made or material can be replaced or duplicated for the most part.
    The more you sweat in training the less you bleed in battle.

  6. #6
    Grandmaster T.Lex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    15,506
    I'm seriously curious as to what the other driver's "extracurriculars" were that made his injuries worse.

    IME, the drunks usually don't have as bad of injuries. Something about being more relaxed....
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

  7. #7
    Grandmaster jsharmon7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Freedonia
    Posts
    5,569
    Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    I'm seriously curious as to what the other driver's "extracurriculars" were that made his injuries worse.

    IME, the drunks usually don't have as bad of injuries. Something about being more relaxed....
    The way he hit us and what he tried to ditch lead me to believe he may have "nodded off" prior to impact.

    The drunk driver who hit me in 2009 was just fine though.
    'Til that time I will remain, 'til the sinners lay down with the saints.

  8. #8
    Grandmaster halfmileharry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South of Indy
    Posts
    8,893
    I hate being woke up to the sound of crashing steel and breaking plastic.
    The more you sweat in training the less you bleed in battle.

  9. #9
    Grandmaster Gluemanz28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Elkhart County
    Posts
    6,927
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmileharry View Post
    I hate being woke up to the sound of crashing steel and breaking plastic.
    It didn't work too good for me one time. 1979 Firebird and 65 ft airborne that came to an abrupt stop on a creek bank.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

  10. #10
    Grandmaster halfmileharry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South of Indy
    Posts
    8,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Gluemanz28 View Post
    It didn't work too good for me one time. 1979 Firebird and 65 ft airborne that came to an abrupt stop on a creek bank.
    Yea, they should have had a disclaimer on the screen at the beginning of the movie about those bodies not being aerodynamically stable or strong enough to take jumps of any nature. I probably bought your old bird and put it back together. I did so many of those bodies and sub frames I could swap them out completely in a few hours. That even included putting the body lines straight on them. Lousy unibody metals. LOL!


       
    The more you sweat in training the less you bleed in battle.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •