• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    This one is ready for test fire then refinish.

I had a low mileage 40 barrel, manufacturer said no problem reaming to 10mm. Since this one will be mine I figured I would give it a try.
    Using a floating reamer bolder and a micrometer depth stop it cut to depth just perfect. Anxious to test it out this week.

20180101_074719 by Allen Moore, on Flickr

20180101_153511 by Allen Moore, on Flickr

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I know you said you should have kept mine, so building its twin was logical. I see the CK Arms grip was AllenM approved for your 10 as well. :yesway: Let me know when your hitting the range, I could use an excuse to dent some primers. I need to drop off the Springer for the firing pin stop swap too. (I lost the new part and just ran across it.)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know you said you should have kept mine, so building its twin was logical. I see the CK Arms grip was AllenM approved for your 10 as well. :yesway: Let me know when your hitting the range, I could use an excuse to dent some primers. I need to drop off the Springer for the firing pin stop swap too. (I lost the new part and just ran across it.)

I am dropping off a project to Allen in the morning.
    I will set down with him to iron out some plans for something special in 10mm.
    I am going to need more ammo.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon

The comp design and the balance were as close to perfect as I have shot so far (sorry Tim) so yes I copied it pretty close in order to blueprint the design.
    The only 10 I own right now is a Sig Elite and this design was far superior shooting then that. So I needed one :)
    I am sure I will be testing it out one day this week, not sure just when though

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The comp design and the balance were as close to perfect as I have shot so far (sorry Tim) so yes I copied it pretty close in order to blueprint the design.
    The only 10 I own right now is a Sig Elite and this design was far superior shooting then that. So I needed one :)
    I am sure I will be testing it out one day this week, not sure just when though

No worries my friend. Designs advance. I am getting in on the crest of this wave...:)

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I got to handle this one a couple days ago, the machining and execution of the carry comp/barrel fit was superb. Also remember he machined that comp from scratch as well!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    So here is the question, off topic. Is it possible to build a 9mm, 1911 that uses Glock Magazines.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    To be compatible with the new Ruger PC rifle. I really do not want to buy a Glock.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    This is it finished. well except for the punch marks on the front sight, they are gone now

I put some rounds through it today, what a awesome gun...if I do say so myself.

Also test fired this build today, another cool shooter. now off for hard chrome on it.

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    This is it finished. well except for the punch marks on the front sight, they are gone now

I put some rounds through it today, what a awesome gun...if I do say so myself.

Also test fired this build today, another cool shooter. now off for hard chrome on it.

These guns look even better in person. I've got to handle both of these guns. Both are work's of art.

Top Bottom