Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Diamond Collision Inc. Avon. AllenM's Avatar

Another 10mm build

This one is ready for test fire then refinish.

I had a low mileage 40 barrel, manufacturer said no problem reaming to 10mm. Since this one will be mine I figured I would give it a try.
    Using a floating reamer bolder and a micrometer depth stop it cut to depth just perfect. Anxious to test it out this week.

20180101_074719 by Allen Moore, on Flickr

20180101_153511 by Allen Moore, on Flickr
    07 FFL / SOT 2

Complaining about a problem without posing a solution is called whining
    Teddy Roosevelt

I Care...Really

I see you have stepped up on the slide serrations. Very nice.

Expert
    I know you said you should have kept mine, so building its twin was logical. I see the CK Arms grip was AllenM approved for your 10 as well. Let me know when your hitting the range, I could use an excuse to dent some primers. I need to drop off the Springer for the firing pin stop swap too. (I lost the new part and just ran across it.)

I Care...Really

Quote Originally Posted by DocIndy View Post
    I know you said you should have kept mine, so building its twin was logical. I see the CK Arms grip was AllenM approved for your 10 as well. Let me know when your hitting the range, I could use an excuse to dent some primers. I need to drop off the Springer for the firing pin stop swap too. (I lost the new part and just ran across it.)
    I am dropping off a project to Allen in the morning.
    I will set down with him to iron out some plans for something special in 10mm.
    I am going to need more ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by DocIndy View Post
    The comp design and the balance were as close to perfect as I have shot so far (sorry Tim) so yes I copied it pretty close in order to blueprint the design.
    The only 10 I own right now is a Sig Elite and this design was far superior shooting then that. So I needed one
    I am sure I will be testing it out one day this week, not sure just when though
    07 FFL / SOT 2

Teddy Roosevelt

I Care...Really

Quote Originally Posted by AllenM View Post
    The comp design and the balance were as close to perfect as I have shot so far (sorry Tim) so yes I copied it pretty close in order to blueprint the design.
    The only 10 I own right now is a Sig Elite and this design was far superior shooting then that. So I needed one
    I am sure I will be testing it out one day this week, not sure just when though
    No worries my friend. Designs advance. I am getting in on the crest of this wave...

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    No worries my friend. Designs advance. I am getting in on the crest of this wave...
    Don't get me wrong, yours are bad ass.
    07 FFL / SOT 2

Teddy Roosevelt

I got to handle this one a couple days ago, the machining and execution of the carry comp/barrel fit was superb. Also remember he machined that comp from scratch as well!

Beautiful work Allen, always enjoy seeing your work, craftsmanship at its finest.

So here is the question, off topic. Is it possible to build a 9mm, 1911 that uses Glock Magazines.

Armed citizens are the AEDs for active shooters. hoosierdoc

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast