Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Diamond Collision Inc. Avon. AllenM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Avon
    Posts
    8,898

    Another 10mm build

    This one is ready for test fire then refinish.

    I had a low mileage 40 barrel, manufacturer said no problem reaming to 10mm. Since this one will be mine I figured I would give it a try.
    Using a floating reamer bolder and a micrometer depth stop it cut to depth just perfect. Anxious to test it out this week.

    20180101_074719 by Allen Moore, on Flickr

    20180101_153511 by Allen Moore, on Flickr
    07 FFL / SOT 2

    Complaining about a problem without posing a solution is called whining
    Teddy Roosevelt

  2. #2
    I Care...Really
    churchmouse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Speedway area
    Posts
    120,521
    I see you have stepped up on the slide serrations. Very nice.

  3. #3
    Expert
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Franklin
    Posts
    1,323
    I know you said you should have kept mine, so building its twin was logical. I see the CK Arms grip was AllenM approved for your 10 as well. Let me know when your hitting the range, I could use an excuse to dent some primers. I need to drop off the Springer for the firing pin stop swap too. (I lost the new part and just ran across it.)

  4. #4
    I Care...Really
    churchmouse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Speedway area
    Posts
    120,521
    Quote Originally Posted by DocIndy View Post
    I know you said you should have kept mine, so building its twin was logical. I see the CK Arms grip was AllenM approved for your 10 as well. Let me know when your hitting the range, I could use an excuse to dent some primers. I need to drop off the Springer for the firing pin stop swap too. (I lost the new part and just ran across it.)
    I am dropping off a project to Allen in the morning.
    I will set down with him to iron out some plans for something special in 10mm.
    I am going to need more ammo.

  5. #5
    Diamond Collision Inc. Avon. AllenM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Avon
    Posts
    8,898
    Quote Originally Posted by DocIndy View Post
    I know you said you should have kept mine, so building its twin was logical. I see the CK Arms grip was AllenM approved for your 10 as well. Let me know when your hitting the range, I could use an excuse to dent some primers. I need to drop off the Springer for the firing pin stop swap too. (I lost the new part and just ran across it.)
    The comp design and the balance were as close to perfect as I have shot so far (sorry Tim) so yes I copied it pretty close in order to blueprint the design.
    The only 10 I own right now is a Sig Elite and this design was far superior shooting then that. So I needed one
    I am sure I will be testing it out one day this week, not sure just when though
    07 FFL / SOT 2

    Complaining about a problem without posing a solution is called whining
    Teddy Roosevelt

  6. #6
    I Care...Really
    churchmouse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Speedway area
    Posts
    120,521
    Quote Originally Posted by AllenM View Post
    The comp design and the balance were as close to perfect as I have shot so far (sorry Tim) so yes I copied it pretty close in order to blueprint the design.
    The only 10 I own right now is a Sig Elite and this design was far superior shooting then that. So I needed one
    I am sure I will be testing it out one day this week, not sure just when though
    No worries my friend. Designs advance. I am getting in on the crest of this wave...

  7. #7
    Diamond Collision Inc. Avon. AllenM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Avon
    Posts
    8,898
    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    No worries my friend. Designs advance. I am getting in on the crest of this wave...
    Don't get me wrong, yours are bad ass.
    07 FFL / SOT 2

    Complaining about a problem without posing a solution is called whining
    Teddy Roosevelt

  8. #8
    Master drillsgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Greenfield
    Posts
    4,393
    I got to handle this one a couple days ago, the machining and execution of the carry comp/barrel fit was superb. Also remember he machined that comp from scratch as well!

  9. #9
    Plinker SS 396's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Coatesville
    Posts
    171
    Beautiful work Allen, always enjoy seeing your work, craftsmanship at its finest.

  10. #10
    Le mot juste blue falcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    NWI
    Posts
    9,848
    So here is the question, off topic. Is it possible to build a 9mm, 1911 that uses Glock Magazines.

    Armed citizens are the AEDs for active shooters. hoosierdoc



Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •