• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    This is the "before" pic, can't wait to show the "after" pic.
    Called & talked to Katelyn at Diamond Collision today, along with John, their appraiser.
    They both talked me through the process of getting my "prize" back in shape (2004 MY, bought 6 yrs. old in April 2010 with only 8725 miles on it).
    Two different members gave me a heads up (Aeroflyer & wtburnette) about Allen's shop: Diamond Collision in Avon.
    Allen might not even be aware yet of this car coming to him hopefully next week as soon as the person's insurance gets their ducks in a row.
    The man I talked with from Progressive, knew of Allen's shop from a previous experience & spoke highly of it.

A friend's daughter backed into it with her Wrangler when I was parked in their driveway.
    Bummer.
    Could have been so much worse though, if she would have clipped the edge of the fender & the door.

DX6xWZg.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You are in good hands.
    I clipped my SIL's Buick in his driveway a year or so ago. Just one of those WTAF did I do that for moments. Allen and his staff did an excellent job.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the endorsements, guys! :thumbsup:
    I haven't been concerned about it, & especially since I'm having Allen do it with all the ringing accolades he gets!

I'm taking the S2000 in Tuesday, just got off the phone with Debbie, who is related to the owner! :laugh:
    I really love the idea of a smaller family owned non-corporate business to this work.

I tried to get a convertible to replace mine as a rental, but couldn't b/c of a recall on the only convertibles they stock, even if I paid out-of-pocket: bummer! :dunno:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Dropped off the S2000 9:30 am.
    Nice plant he has there.
    I now realize I was there once to meet a guy to sell a Ruger LCR .38, who had 2nds if a no-show: there was!

Feel very grateful to have a shop like Allen's with his stellar reputation doing the work to restore my dream car.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Dropped off the S2000 9:30 am.
    Nice plant he has there.
    I now realize I was there once to meet a guy to sell a Ruger LCR .38, who had 2nds if a no-show: there was!

Feel very grateful to have a shop like Allen's with his stellar reputation doing the work to restore my dream car.

Thank you for your trust. We will take good care of her. :)

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Update on the $80,000 Jaguar! :laugh: (Sorry for the humor: I just can't help myself!)
    I was updated today by John (estimator) with a follow up (even though there are daily pics on progress anyway!).

Since I put a clear bra on the S2000 at Ziebart when I got it 10 yrs. ago, when it was taken off to blend in the paint from the fender, the paint underneath the front half where the bra was is much "richer/darker" of course, & is an issue with some decisions to make on the approach.
    The joys of doing paint work on an older car!
    As anticipated, it is progressing as planned.

I'm actually more enthralled to see the new Tungsten Cerakote on my Shadow 2 (b/c of ugly Urban Grey) which I "forced" Allen to do while my car is in his shop. :lmfao:
    I couldn't believe it, but Allen actually sent me a pic of it stripped down & painted: I like this guy! :ingo:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Update on the $80,000 Jaguar! :laugh: (Sorry for the humor: I just can't help myself!)
    I was updated today by John (estimator) with a follow up (even though there are daily pics on progress anyway!).

Since I put a clear bra on the S2000 at Ziebart when I got it 10 yrs. ago, when it was taken off to blend in the paint from the fender, the paint underneath the front half where the bra was is much "richer/darker" of course, & is an issue with some decisions to make on the approach.
    The joys of doing paint work on an older car!
    As anticipated, it is progressing as planned.

I'm actually more enthralled to see the new Tungsten Cerakote on my Shadow 2 (b/c of ugly Urban Grey) which I "forced" Allen to do while my car is in his shop. :lmfao:
    I couldn't believe it, but Allen actually sent me a pic of it stripped down & painted: I like this guy! :ingo:

You be very nice to him.........:shady:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Another satisfied customer from Diamond Collision. Knock wood, it’s been a while for me I don’t know Kaitlyn. I definitely know Allen and Debbie and John…

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

Allen makes that easy! :thumbsup:
    Doing my Honda S2000 (and some other scratches with no charge), & the Shadow 2 both in the same week will make him my new best friend. :ingo:
    He also fixed a jammed slide on a gun in 5 seconds when I dropped off the S2 & Shadow 2.
    I wasn't going to take a tool & start prying on it with a live round in the chamber. :nono:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Another satisfied customer from Diamond Collision. Knock wood, it’s been a while for me I don’t know Kaitlyn. I definitely know Allen and Debbie and John…

Hey, aren't you the one whose wife bought my SW MP Compact .22LR over a year ago?
    If so, did she move on, or still using it?

It was one of the few guns I bought new, since you could never find them used.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hey, aren't you the one whose wife bought my SW MP Compact .22LR over a year ago?
    If so, did she move on, or still using it?

It was one of the few guns I bought new, since you could never find them used.

That's a negative on the S&W doddg. Meet and Eat on the south side. You sat next to Sheryl (who won't join INGO as SherylinAvon) and across from Libertarian01 IIRC.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Agreed, or the Diamond Collision protection crew will take care of you... no purple needed.

Me too both fortunately (great work and great people) and unfortunately (because well seldom is it a lucky even that brings me into the shop). And I know all you mentioned as well. Kind of sad in a way when we are on a first name basis with many folks at the local collision shop, but also comforting when you end up having to take something in.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Car was ready today (Friday) about 3 pm, but I had a Dr. appt. & couldn't pick it up. :dunno:
    You can't make up this stuff that happens in life.
    The only Dr. appt. I've had in months, and it's when I my car was ready. :facepalm:
    I'll pick it up Monday.
    I'd already talked with Enterprise about the car rental yesterday & I told them I couldn't pick up the car Friday pm, so no issue there.

After:
    ygPh1Lr.jpg

Before:
    DX6xWZg.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    This is a pleasant thread for me to read :)

I need to pick up the $80,000 Jaguar Monday, but the icing on the cake is to gaze at & then put "the Tungsten" in my hand. :rockwoot:
    I don't have nicknames for any of my guns (but I do now), but this CZ Shadow 2 that the Wizard has touched & and now you, will be forever known as: the Tungsten. :laugh:
    I do love to talk, don't I? :blahblah:

Thanks again, Allen! :ingo:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Picked up the car today.
    Using my background of antique cars to check all the gaps between fenders/hoods/bumpers: all even & spaced consistently & done better than when it comes from the factory!

Those of you who come from the 50s, 60s, 70s & etc all know the a real body man will put together the metal on a car better than factory b/c he will take the time to adjust the tolerances perfectly while the factory gets it "close" enough for the general public.

Love having my $80,000 Jaguar back. :rockwoot:( only a joke for those who don't get my humor in print) :)

I think I enjoyed getting the Shadow 2 back even more!

xxZ1nPu.jpg
    ygPh1Lr.jpg

PAeNRzO.jpg

For your viewing pleasure: my 36 yr old son's S2000 & mine.
    P1GByWy.jpg

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo

Since I put a clear bra on.

You are weird...

Top Bottom