• Status
    Not open for further replies.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    What would it take to get a forum removed from INGO? And lets say I went through the trouble of gathering support, would this be an option that is taken seriously or would I be wasting my time. I ask that in all respect as id rather not waste my time and the staffs time if this option would not be considered. I ask because im tired of just being tired about it, id like to change INGO for the better.

So in all honesty would INGO be open to dialogue about removing or substantially changing a forum?

(purposefully not naming the forum because this is not a tread asking for it to be deleted, just asking if a request would even be considered as I feel a actual request would take a good chunk of time to formulate).

Thanks
    22lr

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think that has been talked about before and the board owner decided not to remove that forum. Why do you feel you need to stop other people's enjoyment in talking about some things that you do not enjoy? Perhaps just don't go into that forum if it bothers you so much.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I think that has been talked about before and the board owner decided not to remove that forum. Why do you feel you need to stop other people's enjoyment in talking about some things that you do not enjoy? Perhaps just don't go into that forum if it bothers you so much.

No ****. I can even understand wanting to get rid of a certain topic because they flood a certain forum you like to visit, but it's pretty damn easy to just completely skip over the forum altogether...I do it every single time I log on to INGO.:n00b:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Interesting question.

We take adding and subtracting entire subforums very seriously. Each time this happens it literally changes the "face" of INGO, and what it offers to the Hoosier firearms community.

We only add forums after an overabundance of interest in shown in such a forum. The Mod staff then discusses it, filtering it through several questions like "Does this topic stay in line with our mission" and "How closely related to firearms is it?" Then, the final decision is up to the Site Owner and Admin, Fenway.

As for removing an entire subforum, you'd really have an uphill battle. You'd have to make a good argument for its removal, and you'd need many of the active users to be on board with your position. It would need to meet with Staff approval, and then get the final OK from Fenway.

Is that a waste of time? I guess that's up to you to decide.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA

This. If a certain subforum gives me another headache, then I'll stay out of it for a time. :dunno:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Interesting question.

We take adding and subtracting entire subforums very seriously. Each time this happens it literally changes the "face" of INGO, and what it offers to the Hoosier firearms community.

We only add forums after an overabundance of interest in shown in such a forum. The Mod staff then discusses it, filtering it through several questions like "Does this topic stay in line with our mission" and "How closely related to firearms is it?" Then, the final decision is up to the Site Owner and Admin, Fenway.

As for removing an entire subforum, you'd really have an uphill battle. You'd have to make a good argument for its removal, and you'd need many of the active users to be on board with your position. It would need to meet with Staff approval, and then get the final OK from Fenway.

Is that a waste of time? I guess that's up to you to decide.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. It's much appreciated :yesway:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    When the Women and Firearms Sub-Forum was added there was only 2 maybe 3 Females on INGO... :D

They're women. They're. . . .umm...... LOUDer. . . . . about it. :D

(truth be told, the Mods agreed that it would be a good forum, so we pitched it to Fenway and he liked it too)

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    What would it take to get a forum removed from INGO? And lets say I went through the trouble of gathering support, would this be an option that is taken seriously or would I be wasting my time. I ask that in all respect as id rather not waste my time and the staffs time if this option would not be considered. I ask because im tired of just being tired about it, id like to change INGO for the better.

So in all honesty would INGO be open to dialogue about removing or substantially changing a forum?

(purposefully not naming the forum because this is not a tread asking for it to be deleted, just asking if a request would even be considered as I feel a actual request would take a good chunk of time to formulate).

Thanks
    22lr

Man up and say what forum you want deleated!

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I think staying out of that forum instead of screwing it up for everyone else is a better choice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom