• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Is there any way to get the banner of site advertisers to link to their INGO forum?

Reason I ask is that I noticed a new advertiser (or at least one that I didnt know about) and for the life of me couldn't track what company he worked for. So hence the idea, a link from their banner (the one over the username) to their forum! What do the mods think?

I realize you can link to your homepage and choose that from the drop down, but I was thinking of a one click link....... Maybe im just that lazy.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    If they have a banner on the left hand side, you can just put your mouse over the image and it should tell you who it is.

You mentioned a link from the banner (the one over their username) I don't know what you mean unless you are talking about the site advertiser tag UNDER their username.

The advertiser has the option of linking their banners to their forum on INGO or to their website.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    If they have a banner on the left hand side, you can just put your mouse over the image and it should tell you who it is.

You mentioned a link from the banner (the one over their username) I don't know what you mean unless you are talking about the site advertiser tag UNDER their username.

The advertiser has the option of linking their banners to their forum on INGO or to their website.

My bad, ya I was calling that site advertiser tag a banner. Anyways, just a random thought, might drive more interest to their forum.........

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I was JUST bout to make this same suggestion. I'm glad I read through other recent suggestions first so I didn't look like an idiot. But yeah, that'd be a great idea. I'd love to just be able to click the INGO Advertiser tag and go to the correct advertiser's forum.
    cBgh

I mean, the "button" is right there, and it just seems intuitive and super convenient.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I was JUST bout to make this same suggestion. I'm glad I read through other recent suggestions first so I didn't look like an idiot. But yeah, that'd be a great idea. I'd love to just be able to click the INGO Advertiser tag and go to the correct advertiser's forum.
    cBgh

I mean, the "button" is right there, and it just seems intuitive and super convenient.

Yeah, you'd think it would be but it's not. :)

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Yeah, you'd think it would be but it's not. :)

I guess I should've specified that it is super convenient for the user. I have a thing about always trying to improve the UI/UX aspects of software, which I would argue includes websites. It's okay. If it isn't something that's going to be easy to implement at this point, maybe it'll be possible later on.

So if you have the chance later on with some new APIs or features of the forum software, you should definitely opt to do it!

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Oh, I'm the first that will agree on making everything as easy as possible for the user. I design websites. I do training manuals. I train users. I completely understand and if it would be easily done, we would have done it a long time ago. :)

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Oh, I'm the first that will agree on making everything as easy as possible for the user. I design websites. I do training manuals. I train users. I completely understand and if it would be easily done, we would have done it a long time ago. :)

Tell Fenway to stop spending so much money on his Combat Cock and pay you guys some real money to get this done......... :n00b:

:laugh:

Top Bottom