• Total voters

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Please vote in the poll.

All rep given out in rep pyramids should be removed, and rep pyramids should be banned. Any abuse of the rep system should result in banning.

That, or get rid of it. As long as rep pyramids are in existence, rep is meaningless.

Thank you.

Note: Any votes for "bacon" will be counted as a vote for a ban on rep pyramids.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Rep means nothing. The ability to neg rep is gone, and people give rep for the stupidest/silliest things ("LOL funny pic!" and of course the "rep pyramid" and "post whore" threads), so having the system in place is pretty much pointless. With the "new INGO," everyone's rep was knocked back to zero and I was really hoping for some kind of meaningful overhaul, but such is apparently not to be. I would have preferred to see the "like" feature retained (it was there, then it was gone) and the rep system globally disabled... but nobody asked me.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Let's not forget, that while there is some good info passed on here, and friends are made, and numerous other positive things go on here......IT'S THE INTERNET!!!! It's an escape for people! I get on here to unwind after a day at work, who the hell cares what others choose to do with their time spent here? My god, is this really an issue?

Oh, and by the way, I liked the "like" feature, too, hopefully it will make the final cut and be a part of the new INGO.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I will always despise the rep pyramid and its contributors. Maybe I shouldn't let it bother me, but it does.

Just like the higher ups in the military who would fly to a combat zone, get off the plane, get back on and go back to the rear, just to get a campaign medal. It really detracts from those who actually earned it. It's why you have to be in theater for at least 30 days to get one now.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I will always despise the rep pyramid and its contributors. Maybe I shouldn't let it bother me, but it does.

Just like the higher ups in the military who would fly to a combat zone, get off the plane, get back on and go back to the rear, just to get a campaign medal. It really detracts from those who actually earned it. It's why you have to be in theater for at least 30 days to get one now.

I've met a lot of people who participate in those threads. They are good people who spend a lot of money in gun stores, support INGO, meet for shoots and good food, and tend not to cause a lot of trouble.

It will be very difficult for anyone to max out their rep on the new system, so what's the problem?

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Please vote in the poll.

All rep given out in rep pyramids should be removed, and rep pyramids should be banned. Any abuse of the rep system should result in banning.

That, or get rid of it. As long as rep pyramids are in existence, rep is meaningless.

Thank you.

Note: Any votes for "bacon" will be counted as a vote for a ban on rep pyramids.

This would ban about 80% of all rep given out in all threads out side the Rep Pyramids.... Just because the title doesn't say Rep Pyramids doesn't mean that it is not being miss used? Who will be the person telling us what we can, or can not Rep? Kind of like our government telling us what we can, or can not do in our private lives? Sounds like you want to be a politician?

No thank you.. I did not vote for you.... Rep is meaningless... with .... or with out the Rep Pyramids......

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I've met a lot of people who participate in those threads. They are good people who spend a lot of money in gun stores, support INGO, meet for shoots and good food, and tend not to cause a lot of trouble.

It will be very difficult for anyone to max out their rep on the new system, so what's the problem?

I just have a moral opposition to it. I already explained it.

Another thing that bugs me is the "reply" and "reply with quote" buttons. I keep hitting the "reply" one, and it doesn't quote. I'm used to the "reply" button quoting the post. Why is there a "reply" button? Why can't you just quick post, or post to thread?

Top Bottom