• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Seems to be a feature of modern forums that INGO is lacking. Member tagging is very convenient. For example, if someone were to type @Lebowski then I'd get a notification so I can go to that thread/response to see what was said.

Many examples of where this could be useful include someone requesting help with an issue, and a member knows another member likely has the answer. They could simply tag that member and say, "Tagging @member because I know he probably knows how fix this!" instead of hoping they find the thread. Would also make it easier to follow these insanely long threads that grow by the minute. If someone wants to respond directly to you, they either quote you (which you receive no notification for) or they can just tag you.

So, how about it? We going to see member tags anytime soon?

Thanks for the consideration.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Seems to be a feature of modern forums that INGO is lacking. Member tagging is very convenient. For example, if someone were to type @Lebowski then I'd get a notification so I can go to that thread/response to see what was said.
    I approve of this message.
    Seriously, tagging is very helpful. I employ it elsewhere and it's extremely useful.

they either quote you (which you receive no notification for)
    Side note: One of the places I enjoy the tagging features & functions DOES alert you to being quoted.
    That's the bombdiggity!
    I've lost track of conversations here because I never knew someone directed a question my way.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Listen here @GodFearinGunTotin .... there can only be one winner in the @jagee vs. @mbills2223 contest, and I WILL emerge victorious from the Thunderdome which, according to @PaulF, will be the decision maker.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Listen here @GodFearinGunTotin .... there can only be one winner in the @jagee vs. @mbills2223 contest, and I WILL emerge victorious from the Thunderdome which, according to @PaulF, will be the decision maker.

Ooohhhh! Is 88GT going to be on this card too? She threw her hat in the ring...my money would be on her.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    It's being taken under consideration and we will check with the Ferrets to see if this is acceptable...we don't want to **** of the Ferrets again...

@Fenway and @TheModSquad needs to get @jagee under control. Impersonating a moderator is a serious offense. #25ToLife

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    @GPIA7R

works for me.

I make it a point to search my name in the search box maybe once a month, and sometimes find I've been mentioned in threads I didn't create or participate in.

Tagging would be nice.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I approve of this message.
    Seriously, tagging is very helpful. I employ it elsewhere and it's extremely useful.

Side note: One of the places I enjoy the tagging features & functions DOES alert you to being quoted.
    That's the bombdiggity!
    I've lost track of conversations here because I never knew someone directed a question my way.

...not to mention that blonde thing. ;)

Top Bottom