• Status
    Not open for further replies.

NightOwl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    North of the Corn!
    I have been a member here for about 2 years. I don't spend a lot of time on INGO because I work 7 days a week. But I do have enough posts to use Marketplace and I CANNOT figure out how to upload a photo!!! I AM a photographer- I have a Nikon D7000 camera, I use Photoshop and Lightroom and I still CANT FIGURE OUT how to load a photo on to INGO!!! I have uploaded photos in the past but I can't delete them and my space is all used up. Photobucket didn't work either. I tried to place an ad, clearly stating that I was just having trouble figuring out how to load a photo- thinking that someone might help me with a quick note (RobbyMaQ ) has been trying to help (Thanks Robby!) but Churchmouse gives me an infraction when it is clear I just need some help and I am not trying to DO ANYTHING WRONG OR AGAINST THE RULES!!!

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    When using Photobucket just copy and paste the image link when you are replying or starting a thread.

This is true. Take your pic, save it to your computer, log on to photobucket (creating an account is free), upload the pic, copy the "share" link, go back to your INGO thread you have launched and use the icon 'Insert image'.

It doesn't get any easier. BTW, I have a large number of pics on photobucket and still don't pay for it..

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You're a photographer, and don't know how to upload photos on a forum which essentially has the same navigation as of 95% of other forums on the web????

:popcorn:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Delete photos:

Open "My Profile"
    On the left go down and open your album.
    In the upper right click on Edit Photos
    Select the photos to be deleted.
    Hope this helps.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    As mentioned, Photobucket is the best way to make full resolution photo posting possible.
    Upload to Photobucket.
    Go the your library of photos on Photobucket and click on the specific photo you want to post.
    Once this photo opens, right click and copy the link to it: In Google Chrome, you'll select "Copy Link Address" ...Firefox and Internet Explorer have the same option with similar wording, so use your intuition to copy the link if you're using one of those.
    Go back to INGO, initiatie posting your new thread.
    Once you've typed in the text you want to for introducing your photo, click on the icon above the posting block dedicated to posting images, which you can recognize by simply doing a mouseover and allowing the yellow bubble to come up explaining what each icon does; this particular icon's bubble will say "Insert Image."
    If it doesn't already have it selected, click "Post from URL" and in the empty box for the URL, post the URL to your recently copied link to your photo by holding in your "Ctrl" keyboard key, then tapping your "V" key.
    Your photo will suddenly appear.
    Finish typing in your post, then post it.
    Done

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    INGO unfriendly? Let's consider the source...

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/314342-my-restaurant-rant.html

Looking past that... Photobucket. Once you upload the photo to Photobucket, copy the IMG link (instead of the direct link) and past in thread. This way, no further action is required. It is already formatted with the IMG code so you can skip the insert image icon in the INGO post editor.

I see you have uploaded directly to INGO in the past, but be aware, you CANNOT post pics in the classifieds using that method. You must host them elsewhere and embed them in your post.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have been a member here for about 2 years. I don't spend a lot of time on INGO because I work 7 days a week. But I do have enough posts to use Marketplace and I CANNOT figure out how to upload a photo!!! I AM a photographer- I have a Nikon D7000 camera, I use Photoshop and Lightroom and I still CANT FIGURE OUT how to load a photo on to INGO!!! I have uploaded photos in the past but I can't delete them and my space is all used up. Photobucket didn't work either. I tried to place an ad, clearly stating that I was just having trouble figuring out how to load a photo- thinking that someone might help me with a quick note (RobbyMaQ ) has been trying to help (Thanks Robby!) but Churchmouse gives me an infraction when it is clear I just need some help and I am not trying to DO ANYTHING WRONG OR AGAINST THE RULES!!!

Why is it so hard to figure this stuff out.
    I can do it. I am a Computer Dumb A**.
    I gave you a warning early yesterday and told you pics had to be in the ad "When" posted not later. Simple rule.
    I see you post the same thing last night with links so it was obvious you did not read the rules.
    I also told you I would assist if you asked for it.
    How does you not following the simple rules and me doing my job make ingo an un-friendly place.
    If you do not have the pics in place then you do not have an ad. So do not post it and then no issues.
    Really funny how it is always someone else's fault when you are failing at a simple task.

Reading your history it seems you have a severe case of "Rant" yourself.

Knock it off. Seriously. Just knock it off.

Last.......you got a simple warning 1st time.

Just a few hours later you did not follow the rules again. Bingo.....infraction.
    How would I know that Roby was working with you. We are not setting in the Ingo command center looking at each other.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/314342-my-restaurant-rant.html

Looking past that... Photobucket. Once you upload the photo to Photobucket, copy the IMG link (instead of the direct link) and past in thread. This way, no further action is required. It is already formatted with the IMG code so you can skip the insert image icon in the INGO post editor.

I see you have uploaded directly to INGO in the past, but be aware, you CANNOT post pics in the classifieds using that method. You must host them elsewhere and embed them in your post.

I told him this same thing.

That makes Ingo a very un-friendly place. Take the advice and just do it right.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I don't think I would of claimed I was a photographer and can use some programs that may be a little difficult to some and later say I can figure out photobucket.

If you want to help your case in the future, less is more.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Not our fault that you apparently can't figure out what thousands and thousands of others have.

Sorry we're so unfriendly around here. If you had just asked first instead of breaking the rules and then whining about how you can't figure out something as simple as posting pictures on a web forum, you probably would have gotten help before hand. And you wouldn't have even been asked to leave a tip.

All that said, Based on your whining about restaurants and this whinefest I personally would never do business with you through the Classifieds here.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    INGO, follow our rules or else!!!

Seems to work for most of us. For other watch out for the ban hammer. You may or may not be missed but INGO will go on.

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Asking someone to take personal responsibility and follow simple rules is very unfriendly.....

Not our fault that you apparently can't figure out what thousands and thousands of others have.

Sorry we're so unfriendly around here. If you had just asked first instead of breaking the rules and then whining about how you can't figure out something as simple as posting pictures on a web forum, you probably would have gotten help before hand. And you wouldn't have even been asked to leave a tip.

All that said, Based on your whining about restaurants and this whinefest I personally would never do business with you through the Classifieds here.

this level of "entitlement" just SCREAMS at me. The oh so common "I matter more than you, so do it for me the way I want" that seems rampant these days.

And, BTW, I'm pretty sure I'm the one who reported the classifieds violation. :p:p

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Thanks for that blast from the past. :D

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I can't help the OP's attitude, but maybe I can help his photo-posting skillz.

After you upload your photo to photobucket, click on the photo and you should see a screen like this. Click on the link that says IMG, which will copy it. Go to your INGO post and click Ctrl P (or right click and select paste) to paste the link.

phototut_zpsuxngeaic.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom