• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Several times this morning (12/17) while trying to post a reply in a thread, my space bar will not function. I can type letters and numbers, but can't separate them with spaces. This happens intermittently (as demonstrated by my use of the space bar in this post), and it occurs only on INGO - I am able to use the space bar on other sites, so it's not a problem with my keyboard.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Thread number three on this issue if I am not mistaken. :D :D

Believe to be a Google Chrome issue as others using different browsers have not reported the issue.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    think it is a phone issue actually. I use Chrome on my iMac at home w//o trouble.

It happens on one of my laptops and doesn't on the other. The latest version of Chrome has the issue. The older version, the last one that XP will allow, does not.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Thanks for the replies. I use Chrome on a Chromebook that's about 4 years old. I had tried various combinations of keystrokes and pressing enter, without success. I'll try the "period" idea.

I've been posting for years, and yesterday was the first time I ran into this.

Why just INGO? Is there a Chrome setting for "mess with firearms websites"?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It happens on one of my laptops and doesn't on the other. The latest version of Chrome has the issue. The older version, the last one that XP will allow, does not.

Wellheregoes.

This is a test of the next line fix and so far it works perfectly.

BBI. this computer is XP OS and does it. I haven't changed anything for a long time and it just started the space bar lockout recently.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Wellheregoes.

This is a test of the next line fix and so far it works perfectly.

BBI. this computer is XP OS and does it. I haven't changed anything for a long time and it just started the space bar lockout recently.

Well, not sure then. The computer I'm using right now is actually Vista (not XP, my fault) and never has the issue. My Windows 10 laptop does, as well as the Silk browser on my tablet. I'm not sure about the browser on my phone, I try not to type too much on the phone.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I used my phone once a week or two ago and didn't have the problem. It is also Chrome.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I thought you all were crazy, but then I had this problem last night on my Fire HD w/ the Silk browser.

I still think you all are crazy. ;)

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Bump. I just got a kindle fire and this is now an issue for me. Do others still have this problem? Is there no fix?
    It still SOMETIMES happens to me. But not this time. Typing something on the quote line and then hitting enter to go to the next line usually works.

Top Bottom