• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'm on a couple of other forums, jeep wrangler forums to be exact. Anyway, they all have a neat feature that I thought INGO could benefit from. You get a notification when someone quotes/replies to one of your posts.

Anyway INGO could have this feature?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I get an email any time someone posts in a thread that I have posted in or subscribed to. Is that what you mean?

No. I mean when someone quotes your post, you get a notification.

So since I just quoted your post, you will now be notified that someone quoted you.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    They did have that for a very short time a few years ago. If I remember correctly there was no way to shut it off and a lot of people were complaining about it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    INGO software has it. It's turned off though. When they made the last big upgrade, all of a sudden I started getting notifications whenever someone quoted a post, etc. People complained and it got turned off.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm on a couple of other forums, jeep wrangler forums to be exact. Anyway, they all have a neat feature that I thought INGO could benefit from. You get a notification when someone quotes/replies to one of your posts.

Anyway INGO could have this feature?

Can you imagine how many emails the server would be blasting out per millisecond?!

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Good thing I bothered to search before posting, since I was just about to make this suggestion.

I don't know that it would get too crazy, unless INGOers are just way more prolific post quoters than other forums. They have this feature on HKPro and I post a decent amount over there and I don't get flooded by emails (in fact, I really appreciate when I do get the notification so that I know when someone answered a question I posted or a vendor responded).

Though maybe I'm just not popular enough for people to quote me enough to be annoying? :dunno:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    This was tried very briefly and was:

A.) annoying as ****.

and

B.) resulted in 2 of INGO's most prolific members tragically suffering a temp-ban. :faint:

The floating envelopes were obnoxious.

Top Bottom