Not open for further replies.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I notice as of late that you can no longer use the "View Post" link on users that have been put on your ignore list. Clicking on the link opens a new window that is a duplicate of the one before, with the ignored user's post still unviewable. :dunno:

Maybe it's only me? Maybe a Chrome browser thing?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I notice as of late that you can no longer use the "View Post" link on users that have been put on your ignore list. Clicking on the link opens a new window that is a duplicate of the one before, with the ignored user's post still unviewable. :dunno:

Maybe it's only me? Maybe a Chrome browser thing?

Same here. It’s actually helping me resist the “what did this douchebag post now?!?” urge.

I’d love it if when you put someone on ignore, you had no indication they’d even posted.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Same here. It’s actually helping me resist the “what did this douchebag post now?!?” urge.

If you can see the blank post, sometimes you just gotta know.

I’d love it if when you put someone on ignore, you had no indication they’d even posted.

Yep. Some pages in certain threads are nothing but a sea of "douchebag" white. ;)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I never peek to see what they posted. Unfortunately they often get quoted... and I have to see their crap anyway.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What's the point of ignoring someone and then clicking on the message to read it anyway?

Some folks like to hurt others feeling by telling them they are on "ignore," and then have the option to read the posts of them people they have ignored. Doesn't make sense to me either.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    What's the point of ignoring someone and then clicking on the message to read it anyway?

Depends on the content and direction of a thread/post. Even those ignored occasionally might have worthwhile information to add. A d-bag in the politics section may well be a genius on particular firearms idiosyncrasies. The same could be said in the opposite direction for bad or stupid information, considering the source. ;)

I only open an ignored post on occasion, but do it enough that this being broke is an inconvenience. There is no way to read that post without taking the user off of ignore, then returning them to the list.

I have actually taken some off my ignore list over time, looking as though they will not return to their former "douchebaggery." Some learn over time, some don't. A couple of gents have been on/off the list a few times. :)

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Some folks like to hurt others feeling by telling them they are on "ignore," and then have the option to read the posts of them people they have ignored. Doesn't make sense to me either.

I guess I am confused as well. If you are ignoring someone then ignore them. Thats like jumping back in with a bad girlfriend.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Depends on the content and direction of a thread/post. Even those ignored occasionally might have worthwhile information to add. The same could be said in the opposite direction for bad or stupid information, considering the source. ;)

I only open an ignored post on occasion, but do it enough that this being broke is an inconvenience. There is no way to read that post without taking the user off of ignore, then returning them to the list.

I have actually taken some off my ignore list over time, looking as though they will not return to their former "douchebaggery." Some learn over time, some don't. A couple of gents have been on/off the list a few times. :)

OK makes sense.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    The whole concept of the ignore feature seems odd to me. I am perfectly capable of not reading someones post if I chose to ignore them. :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom