Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 50 posts

I Care...Really

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    I think this should be applied to politicians who only show up here to shill for votes too. Also, none of their politically motivated or personal training posts should count towards their 50.
    Ugh.......now this is getting complicated.

In the past Tactics and Training has been free. Which is great if the person is on INGO for doing more than advertising their training. I am proposing doing what is done the classifieds. Post a class in tactics and training once you have 50 posts, or if you are and advertiser, or perhaps create a site supporter category for trainers that does not provide a sub forum but allows posting in Tactics and Training for a one time fee.
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Ugh.......now this is getting complicated.
    Hey, no amount of work is too much for someone else to do . Sorry I brought it up...
    Thor himself has spoken, mere mortals must make it so. - bradmedic04

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    I think this should be applied to politicians who only show up here to shill for votes too. Also, none of their politically motivated or personal training posts should count towards their 50.
    Do folks do this? I generally have stayed out of the Political subforum, so didn't know this was a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

I have not seen it.
    Originally Posted by hoosierdoc

There's no other logical point other than confiscation.

When patients go into vfib and die you have minutes to shock them and save them. Ambulances often take too long. So geniuses said "let's make AEDs and put them everywhere". Now citizens can act as first responders and save lives.

Armed citizens are the AEDs for active shooters

I personally have mixed feelings about Coaches suggestion. Tactics and Teaining is not the classifieds and it is great that there is a place to tell people where the classes are being held. But I also agree with Coach that it is not right for people to not participate in the forums. Posting and participating is a good way to get a feel for people.
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid." - Han Solo

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    I personally have mixed feelings about Coaches suggestion. Tactics and Teaining is not the classifieds and it is great that there is a place to tell people where the classes are being held. But I also agree with Coach that it is not right for people to not participate in the forums. Posting and participating is a good way to get a feel for people.
    But what is the difference between me hawking my used guns and network gear for cash, and Coach/BBI hawking their next training class? Both result in cash in the poster's pocket. Why should I have to get my 50 and participate, but some rando trainer like Lucien Black signs up for an account and posts a link to his next paid class? Both of us are selling, but by some accounts, he doesnt have to follow the 50 post rule because it might be beneficial to us from a training standpoint. (I think that is as right as his training methods.*)

Posting the class of someone you support/believe in is one thing; posting your own class is another.

*I'll save you the google. https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2015/1...d-credentials/
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

Expert
    I thought the rationale was that “all training is good”. Even bad training. The consumer can adopt the training or not. But another point of view is good.

At least that is the flavor of the threads I have read on the issue.

I Care...Really

I am leaning towards coaches idea. We make members post to at least 50 so we get to know them
    This might not be a bad idea actually. But who gets to police this one.....

I think that a feedback rating for trainers would be beneficial.

Originally Posted by hoosierdoc

There's no other logical point other than confiscation.

When patients go into vfib and die you have minutes to shock them and save them. Ambulances often take too long. So geniuses said "let's make AEDs and put them everywhere". Now citizens can act as first responders and save lives.

Armed citizens are the AEDs for active shooters

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast