Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 50 posts

User Info Menu

50 posts

I think the 50 post minimum to use the classifieds is a great idea, and I know it is often complained about by those folks that want to sign up and sell something. I suggest that posting classes and training opportunities by the trainer or company should require 50 posts as well. Folks who have made 20 posts and it is only about their classes seems to be counter to the intent of the web site and different from what is required for buying and selling guns.

If a student or unrelated person with 50 posts starts a thread about a training opportunity great. But someone who signs on drops a link and spends no time or effort but to help themselves. Why is that ok and a minimum number of posts needed to sell a gun?
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Folks who have made 20 posts and it is only about their classes seems to be counter to the intent of the web site and different from what is required for buying and selling guns.
    I agree with ya here, but the two certainly seem different to me...
    I mean others have paid to promote their business(es) here, right?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rosejm View Post
    I agree with ya here, but the two certainly seem different to me...
    I mean others have paid to promote their business(es) here, right?
    Not all of them. If they pay let them post of course. But there have been a bunch of Instructors and trainers over the years that only post their classes, do not participate other than that, and do not advertise. You can find a couple of prime examples in Training and Tactics right now.
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

User Info Menu

I had assumed that the Training sub-forum under Classifieds was governed by the same rules?

Or, are we talking about folks posting advertisements in the Tactics and Training discussion forum? That should be verboten, just like posting firearms for sale under General Firearms is verboten.
    Ryan "ElDirector"

User Info Menu

A paid Sponsor Membership would even out the playing field. It would make sense to me that a "Sponsor" as such would benefit more by also contributing.
    "Trust but verify!"

User Info Menu

I thought that Ingo offered a reduced rate for trainers to advertise. The blue name denotes advertisers.
    2019 is the year to put GUY Relford on the NRA Board of Directors.
    CIRCULATE PETITIONS

User Info Menu

I'm with Coach. If you are advertising your wares, whether real items for sale in the classifieds or your knowledge transfer on the range and/or classroom it is all the same. ESPECIALLY for the trainers; you are selling a professional service and are a business. You should pay to be an advertiser.

Then again those that spend their lives here in the classifieds selling their guns 100% of the time should also be classified as businesses and should be made to be site supporters/advertisers. But that's just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

We do allow those who are advancing the sport/hobby/passion through training to use the forum for this free of charge.
    But Coach brings up a great point. This might weed out the posers from the real deal.
    Let us consider this.

Perpetually peeved poultry AngryRooster's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote of the week...
    Quote Originally Posted by chezuki View Post
    Donít forget to prove itís unloaded by dropping the mag firing the chambered round into the clearing barrel.
    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Well, we are a kinder/gentler Ingo these days.

The 2017 year of the Fire Rooster is over. 2029 Earth Rooster - The countdown begins...
    INGO #468

User Info Menu

I think this should be applied to politicians who only show up here to shill for votes too. Also, none of their politically motivated or personal training posts should count towards their 50.
    Thor himself has spoken, mere mortals must make it so. - bradmedic04

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast