Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I think the 50 post minimum to use the classifieds is a great idea, and I know it is often complained about by those folks that want to sign up and sell something. I suggest that posting classes and training opportunities by the trainer or company should require 50 posts as well. Folks who have made 20 posts and it is only about their classes seems to be counter to the intent of the web site and different from what is required for buying and selling guns.

If a student or unrelated person with 50 posts starts a thread about a training opportunity great. But someone who signs on drops a link and spends no time or effort but to help themselves. Why is that ok and a minimum number of posts needed to sell a gun?

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Folks who have made 20 posts and it is only about their classes seems to be counter to the intent of the web site and different from what is required for buying and selling guns.

I agree with ya here, but the two certainly seem different to me...
    I mean others have paid to promote their business(es) here, right?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I agree with ya here, but the two certainly seem different to me...
    I mean others have paid to promote their business(es) here, right?

Not all of them. If they pay let them post of course. But there have been a bunch of Instructors and trainers over the years that only post their classes, do not participate other than that, and do not advertise. You can find a couple of prime examples in Training and Tactics right now.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I had assumed that the Training sub-forum under Classifieds was governed by the same rules?

Or, are we talking about folks posting advertisements in the Tactics and Training discussion forum? That should be verboten, just like posting firearms for sale under General Firearms is verboten.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    A paid Sponsor Membership would even out the playing field. It would make sense to me that a "Sponsor" as such would benefit more by also contributing.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I thought that Ingo offered a reduced rate for trainers to advertise. The blue name denotes advertisers.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm with Coach. If you are advertising your wares, whether real items for sale in the classifieds or your knowledge transfer on the range and/or classroom it is all the same. ESPECIALLY for the trainers; you are selling a professional service and are a business. You should pay to be an advertiser.

Then again those that spend their lives here in the classifieds selling their guns 100% of the time should also be classified as businesses and should be made to be site supporters/advertisers. But that's just me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We do allow those who are advancing the sport/hobby/passion through training to use the forum for this free of charge.
    But Coach brings up a great point. This might weed out the posers from the real deal.
    Let us consider this.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    :yesway:

battery_positive_150.jpg

:):

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I think this should be applied to politicians who only show up here to shill for votes too. Also, none of their politically motivated or personal training posts should count towards their 50. :twocents:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    In the past Tactics and Training has been free. Which is great if the person is on INGO for doing more than advertising their training. I am proposing doing what is done the classifieds. Post a class in tactics and training once you have 50 posts, or if you are and advertiser, or perhaps create a site supporter category for trainers that does not provide a sub forum but allows posting in Tactics and Training for a one time fee.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I think this should be applied to politicians who only show up here to shill for votes too. Also, none of their politically motivated or personal training posts should count towards their 50. :twocents:

Do folks do this? I generally have stayed out of the Political subforum, so didn't know this was a thing.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I personally have mixed feelings about Coaches suggestion. Tactics and Teaining is not the classifieds and it is great that there is a place to tell people where the classes are being held. But I also agree with Coach that it is not right for people to not participate in the forums. Posting and participating is a good way to get a feel for people.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I personally have mixed feelings about Coaches suggestion. Tactics and Teaining is not the classifieds and it is great that there is a place to tell people where the classes are being held. But I also agree with Coach that it is not right for people to not participate in the forums. Posting and participating is a good way to get a feel for people.

But what is the difference between me hawking my used guns and network gear for cash, and Coach/BBI hawking their next training class? Both result in cash in the poster's pocket. Why should I have to get my 50 and participate, but some rando trainer like Lucien Black signs up for an account and posts a link to his next paid class? Both of us are selling, but by some accounts, he doesnt have to follow the 50 post rule because it might be beneficial to us from a training standpoint. (I think that is as right as his training methods.*)

Posting the class of someone you support/believe in is one thing; posting your own class is another.

*I'll save you the google. https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2015/11/16/worlds-worst-firearms-instructor-stripped-credentials/

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I thought the rationale was that “all training is good”. Even bad training. The consumer can adopt the training or not. But another point of view is good.

At least that is the flavor of the threads I have read on the issue.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am leaning towards coaches idea. We make members post to at least 50 so we get to know them
    This might not be a bad idea actually. But who gets to police this one.....:scratch:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom