• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    In a recent thread I multi-quoted 2 people. I closed the tab after I posted and came back later. I tried to single quote someone else and the check marks for the previous multi-quote were still there so the reply wanted to quote all 3. They used to clear once the multi-quote was completed. Just a heads up. This is the first time I've seen this.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's been happening me for a long time. I wonder if it's an Ipad thing? I'm not sure if I ever saw it on a PC.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Happens on chrome too. I had a problem where if I tried to multi quote, when I checked one quote and then hit reply with a quote only the checked quote would come up.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Happens on chrome too. I had a problem where if I tried to multi quote, when I checked one quote and then hit reply with a quote only the checked quote would come up.

I get that problem on Chrome on another forum. It's not Vbulletin based though, it says XenForo software. IIRC Opera is based off of Chromium so it would be similar.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm getting the same thing. It's so bad now that I can't quote anyone. This is on Chrome and Windoze 10.

EDIT: Just tried on FireFox and it does not occur with that browser, FYI.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    When I try to click Reply with Quote, it now just hangs and doesn't do anything. If I click the button again, it let's me reply but there is nothing showing quoted.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It has gotten to the point I cannot quote at all. Browser bogs down and after about 30 seconds I get a blank box with no quotes.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I have tried logging off, that did not clear the check marks.

I just shut down my computer. It bogged down during shut down and gave the message, chrome is not clearing multi quote check marks. I hit force shutdown and then rebooted. it still does not work.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My Chrome is the same way on Windows 10 on my laptop. I had to switch to FireFox on that system. On my Windows 7 Desktop I have problems with the multiquotes not clearing, but not to the point where I can't quote at all, I just have to remove 3 or 4 quotes every time. Not sure what the problem is, but it's a PITA.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I have tried manually clearing the multi quotes, but I think that there must be some that I have missed. It seems to be clogged. I have to manually quote and I am too lazy to add attributions. If I want to quote from other pages i have to open another window. Definitely PITA.

I may try firefox, but I hate change.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I have tried manually clearing the multi quotes, but I think that there must be some that I have missed. It seems to be clogged. I have to manually quote and I am too lazy to add attributions. If I want to quote from other pages i have to open another window. Definitely PITA.

I may try firefox, but I hate change.

The new FireFox is pretty good IMO.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I'm running Firefox and it just did the same thing for me. I multi-quoted then posted, then closed the INGO tab. After a few minutes I opened a new tab and went onto INGO and tried to quote a post. It the preview box was the 2 previous quotes as well as the new single one.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Maybe it is INGO. I just changed to Firefix, It is funny that some things look different on the same sites.

Top Bottom