Join INGunOwners For Free
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    The BOFH GPIA7R's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Is GIFV/WEBM support possible or not? Seems to be...

    Noticing posts like this in the Funny Pic thread: https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/b...ml#post7544316

    It seems to function like a WEBM... even though it only seems functional because it's linking to some Facebook source.

    Is this a Facebook-exclusive feature of vBulletin? Or is it possible to get embedded GIFV or WEBM working outside of Facebook (imgur and gfycat, for example)?

    The advantages are there... (much faster loading time, much smaller file size)

  2. #2
    Master DanVoils's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    Noticing posts like this in the Funny Pic thread: https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/b...ml#post7544316

    It seems to function like a WEBM... even though it only seems functional because it's linking to some Facebook source.

    Is this a Facebook-exclusive feature of vBulletin? Or is it possible to get embedded GIFV or WEBM working outside of Facebook (imgur and gfycat, for example)?

    The advantages are there... (much faster loading time, much smaller file size)
    I doubt it. They can't even get the Youtube embedding to work right!

  3. #3
    Grandmaster chezuki's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DanVoils View Post
    I doubt it. They can't even get the Youtube embedding to work right!
    If you’re free you’ll never see the walls.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tactically Fat View Post
    Listen to Rhino, Coach, NHT3, and as much as I hate to say it, Chezuki. :-)

  4. #4
    Master DanVoils's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by chezuki View Post
    Nice! Is that in your standard playlist or your "private" one for when you're feeling randy?

  5. #5
    Grandmaster chezuki's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DanVoils View Post
    Nice! Is that in your standard playlist or your "private" one for when you're feeling randy?
    It helps me cope with the disappointment of not being in charge of the forum I seem to hate but refuse to leave.


    As for the YouTube embedding, just take the “s” of the “https” in the link.
    If you’re free you’ll never see the walls.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tactically Fat View Post
    Listen to Rhino, Coach, NHT3, and as much as I hate to say it, Chezuki. :-)

  6. #6
    Grandmaster jamil's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by chezuki View Post
    It helps me cope with the disappointment of not being in charge of the forum I seem to hate but refuse to leave.


    As for the YouTube embedding, just take the “s” of the “https” in the link.
    Well, yeah. But it fits within the description of not getting embedding to work right if you have to fake http to fool it into working.
    Unrepentant unreconstructed bigot.
    Humor is a social construct used by the patriarchy as a tool to oppress womyn and tree frogs.

    Spread the word to save the r-word.

  7. #7
    Master DanVoils's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by chezuki View Post
    It helps me cope with the disappointment of not being in charge of the forum I seem to hate but refuse to leave.


    As for the YouTube embedding, just take the “s” of the “https” in the link.
    I know that but all they have to do is add a sub-line with https in the embedding command in the admin panel.

  8. #8
    The BOFH GPIA7R's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    gifv, please.
    We are Homo Ludens. We are those who play.

  9. #9
    I Care...Really
    churchmouse's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    .

  10. #10
    Master nipprdog's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    did anyone else notice that the boyfriend in the video is Jack from "This is us" ?
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    Which is why in a post-apocalyptic world, never, ever let screenwriters have any input on security, strategery, or tactics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinchaser View Post
    Try and comprehend when I post here and LEARN!

    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •