• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    1. Yesterday I posted an ad for an Advantage Arms .22 conversion kit for a Glock 26/27.
    2. I accidentally put it into handguns instead of Classifieds.
    3. Realizing that, I erased all the material from the ad, but of course the title was still there, and I wrote an apology and short explanation of what happened.
    4. I reentered the ad into the Classifieds, and didn't think any more about it.

5. Today, I went to check on the ad and both were gone, not just the one I tried to remove but my good ad in the Classifieds.
    6. I didn't get a notice that someone took care of it for me (the bad ad), and I just thought that whoever did it took out the good ad by mistake also.

7. I just tried putting the ad back in Classifieds and when I checked on it after submitting it, I had the text and a pic then a bunch of "garbal" and at the end of a yard of "garbal" was a few other pics I'd posted (I use Imgur). This has happened before.

8. What I'd like to do is try to reenter the ad (w/o the garbal hopefully this time) and then erase the other ad with the garbal.

9. I don't know why this problem with loading up pics.
    10. I restarted my cmp incase it was the problem.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I removed the ad in the wrong sub-forum. I did not even know of the other one. No idea what happened there.
    Once a post is put in file #13 (trash) it is gone. Staff can not get to it anymore past reading it.

Have you looked in the thread Jagee put up about pics. It is the best on I have seen.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I removed the ad in the wrong sub-forum. I did not even know of the other one. No idea what happened there.
    Once a post is put in file #13 (trash) it is gone. Staff can not get to it anymore past reading it.

Have you looked in the thread Jagee put up about pics. It is the best on I have seen.

1. Thanks, cm.
    2. I just put it the ad again just now (5 minutes ago) with no issue, but I can't get rid of any of the info in the other one (totally nonresponsive: around 25 minutes ago.
    3. I'm going to go back out and in again to see what it showing: good grief!
    4. So sorry to be having trouble.

5. On a more positive note I got to meet Losey (the Wizard) in Lebanon today at 8am. He was helping an old friend (Bill) sell a gun.
    6. Great guy, I would have loved to have talked with them both for an hour, but I had another appt. to sell a gun in Avon at 9am.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You're only allowed so many adds in so many days. You must have exceeded the limit.
    Also try clearing your cookies.
    :):

1. "clearing your cookies?" I have heard about that, but won't I lose all my access to everything and have to look up username and passwords to get into things?
    2. Is there a way to just clear cookies to INGO?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You're only allowed so many adds in so many days. You must have exceeded the limit.
    Also try clearing your cookies.
    :):

1. I just looked up directions to "clearing my cookies"
    2. Now I can't get into my yahoo email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    3. I knew I shouldn't have messed with the settings on my cmp.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    raf,750x1000,075,t,101010:01c5ca27c6.u7.jpg

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I use LastPass to store my passwords and you can choose to have it automatically log you in or not for each site individually.

I also use CCleaner to clear my cache/cookies etc. You can go to 'cookies' under the 'option' tab and select the cookies for websites you want to have saved so that you don't have to re-login to sites. It was originally called Crap Cleaner and that exactly what it does. Gets rid of the unnecessary stuff that tracks you, slows down your computer, etc.

Top Bottom