• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    A member here submitted a fraudulent iTrader score against me because they were sour they missed out on a good deal.

I have easy proof to confirm. I thought using the "Report Bad Rating" feature would be the proper way to address the problem. No response for 2 days, so I contacted a moderator.

Was informed that nothing could be or would be done about the matter. Wasn't asked if I could prove it. Wasn't asked any follow-up questions.

While the hit to my score doesn't keep me up at night, it thoroughly disappoints me that there have been no consequences for the member that submitted the fraudulent report, despite this member's borderline stalkerish behavior.

If the "Report" feature is useless, why even have it? I see trivial violations in the Classifieds get pounced on like a felony has been committed (probably because it's quick and easy to do), but when I've been harassed on this board and via phone, there is little to no concern.

Again, that's disappointing. And if that's the standard, just get rid of the "Report Bad Rating" feature, because it doesn't actually exist in practice.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We (staff) have been discussing this. You are not the 1st one to have this experience.
    I guess I would ask if you know just what goes into all of this. These things were put in place along the way as Ingo came of age.
    I know of the member you have had this issue with and yes I have had an experience with him as well.

I will ask that you please stand down on this. It has been reported. We have been looking into what can be done. What would be fair. It is ongoing.

This is apparently harder on you than you admit. How can we get into a he said she said. That has always been the issues with this. We would hope that the membership would be fair in this but that is not always the case. Again, I tend to believe your side. It was put up on the big board.

Now relax. Please.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I agree with da mouse. I gave the neg rep a 60 second view and checked the ad. Its out of place, and obviously is vindictive. (somebody else said I'll take it, no indication he publicly was involved, etc)

If you were selling again and I saw that, I'd blow past it and gladly do business with you.

Dont sweat it, it happens. I've been bit too. (ebay, not here) And damn if it isnt infuriating...

zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    We (staff) have been discussing this. You are not the 1st one to have this experience.
    I guess I would ask if you know just what goes into all of this. These things were put in place along the way as Ingo came of age.
    I know of the member you have had this issue with and yes I have had an experience with him as well.

I will ask that you please stand down on this. It has been reported. We have been looking into what can be done. What would be fair. It is ongoing.

This is apparently harder on you than you admit. How can we get into a he said she said. That has always been the issues with this. We would hope that the membership would be fair in this but that is not always the case. Again, I tend to believe your side. It was put up on the big board.

Now relax. Please.

I'm calm. And I have stood down. An easy option would've been to retaliate against the member in question, but since I'm not in kindergarten, I refrained. And I appreciate your response.

I moderate 2 websites: One is a subscription-based community (college football) where the stakes are high because members are paying their hard-earned cash to access content. The other is one of the largest car forums in the world. With tens of thousands of members, it's pretty busy.

I don't get paid to moderate. It's largely a thankless "job." But I do it because I enjoy helping people out, and have a reputation for being fair and impartial.

If your response would have been the first response I received, I would've felt much better about the situation. I get that matters like this can be tough to prove, but because of my experience as a moderator, I prepared for that circumstance before bringing it to the attention of staff here. The success of resolving these matters oftentimes depends on the diligence of the user.

I was surprised that regardless of the iTrader "score," component, I was initially given the impression that this member was going to be left to stalk and harass other INGO members without consequence. The dude blew up my phone while I was away on business.

Hope that makes sense.

zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    I agree with da mouse. I gave the neg rep a 60 second view and checked the ad. Its out of place, and obviously is vindictive. (somebody else said I'll take it, no indication he publicly was involved, etc)

If you were selling again and I saw that, I'd blow past it and gladly do business with you.

Dont sweat it, it happens. I've been bit too. (ebay, not here) And damn if it isnt infuriating...

Appreciate you taking the time to respond. I was probably guilty of needing to take a chill pill.

His startling, almost bipolar behavior didn't make me lose sleep, but it didn't sit well with me that it looked like he'd be able to continue that behavior with other folks on here.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I was sold a redot years ago that didn’t track and I discovered it had a stripped screw the seller had bedded down. I contacted them and they said tough luck. I left them bad feedback, they left me bad feedback for “crying”. Never got resolved, admins told me nothing they could do. I understand and have had one negative rep for years.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I was sold a redot years ago that didn’t track and I discovered it had a stripped screw the seller had bedded down. I contacted them and they said tough luck. I left them bad feedback, they left me bad feedback for “crying”. Never got resolved, admins told me nothing they could do. I understand and have had one negative rep for years.

Who was the seller of the bad item?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm calm. And I have stood down. An easy option would've been to retaliate against the member in question, but since I'm not in kindergarten, I refrained. And I appreciate your response.

I moderate 2 websites: One is a subscription-based community (college football) where the stakes are high because members are paying their hard-earned cash to access content. The other is one of the largest car forums in the world. With tens of thousands of members, it's pretty busy.

I don't get paid to moderate. It's largely a thankless "job." But I do it because I enjoy helping people out, and have a reputation for being fair and impartial.

If your response would have been the first response I received, I would've felt much better about the situation. I get that matters like this can be tough to prove, but because of my experience as a moderator, I prepared for that circumstance before bringing it to the attention of staff here. The success of resolving these matters oftentimes depends on the diligence of the user.

I was surprised that regardless of the iTrader "score," component, I was initially given the impression that this member was going to be left to stalk and harass other INGO members without consequence. The dude blew up my phone while I was away on business.

Hope that makes sense.

We have discussed this before. Writing new rules is always a serious pain. Making a rule/rules that is all inclusive is even harder.
    I agree with your side in this as I have had issue with the same member. I did not get blown up most likely as I am staff but I have sen this and others have mentioned it as well.

Yes, this can be a thankless job but many members here appreciate what we do.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Possibly Bad Ratings might have to go through the Mods before they publish?
    I really do want to see the ratings before I buy or sell to an unknown entity.
    I've bought AND sold to members that have a mark on their ratings. I make sure to thoroughly check out the item in a buy and won't drive far.
    Same with selling to someone. Make sure all the ducks are in a row, CYA, pay attention to your "Spidey Senses"

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    This is still under consideration.
    The purpose is to allow members to be forewarned about bad apples, no? Why not allow something, like an appeal process after 12 months have passed with no other negative feedback? My one and only negative feedback is 6 years old, and I got it for rating the seller bad for trading a faulty product. I don’t rate ANYONE with negative feedback, even if they backed out of deals, etc for fear of retaliation again. I don’t think anyone does for this same reason.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The purpose is to allow members to be forewarned about bad apples, no? Why not allow something, like an appeal process after 12 months have passed with no other negative feedback? My one and only negative feedback is 6 years old, and I got it for rating the seller bad for trading a faulty product. I don’t rate ANYONE with negative feedback, even if they backed out of deals, etc for fear of retaliation again. I don’t think anyone does for this same reason.

I see your point. Thing is we are an all volunteer staff. These ideas like your make solid sense but how to implement is the thing.
    I have dealt with members that have (like yourself) old feed back that is in the red. I look at them from all the same angles you guys/gals can. A simple phone conversation sometimes clears the air. Also posting quality.

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I see your point. Thing is we are an all volunteer staff. These ideas like your make solid sense but how to implement is the thing.
    I have dealt with members that have (like yourself) old feed back that is in the red. I look at them from all the same angles you guys/gals can. A simple phone conversation sometimes clears the air. Also posting quality.

I get what you mean about the volunteer staff. If there’s any way to easily do it, I’d be glad to volunteer to review cases that appeal with a process such as that ability after x-months or years with no negative feedback. If I can be of service, let me know.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I get what you mean about the volunteer staff. If there’s any way to easily do it, I’d be glad to volunteer to review cases that appeal with a process such as that ability after x-months or years with no negative feedback. If I can be of service, let me know.

:thumbsup:

Top Bottom