How long is lack of access to Classifieds and pm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I was working on an ad and was to the point of inserting pics, and my Internet and cable went out.
    I spent the next hour working with someone from ATT on the phone getting it restored (after a Tech being here all afternoon to fix the system).
    When it came back on I was overjoyed to see I had not lost my ad, but made the mistake of posting it, forgetting I had not inserted the pics.

Churchmouse did his job and gave me an infraction.
    I discovered I could not post an ad, and realized the infraction carried a penalty this time.

Also, I cannot send or receive a pm. It says my box is full and my limit was 50 pms.
    I had a limit of 750 pms, and work to keep it under that, but don't want to lose all my information by cutting back to only 50.

How long will my not having privileges be enforced?
    Will I get my 750 pms restored at that time?

Sorry to be of trouble.

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I was working on an ad and was to the point of inserting pics, and my Internet and cable went out.
    I spent the next hour working with someone from ATT on the phone getting it restored (after a Tech being here all afternoon to fix the system).
    When it came back on I was overjoyed to see I had not lost my ad, but made the mistake of posting it, forgetting I had not inserted the pics.

Churchmouse did his job and gave me an infraction.
    I discovered I could not post an ad, and realized the infraction carried a penalty this time.

Also, I cannot sent or receive a pm. It says my box is full and my limit was 50 pms.
    I had a limit of 750 pms, and work to keep it under that, but don't want to lose all my information by cutting back to only 50.

How long will my not having privileges be enforced?
    Will I get my 750 pms restored at that time?

Sorry to be of trouble.

PM'ing the mouse is a more direct and private route to an answer you can trust, Senor Dodd.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    giphy.gif

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    1. I tried that: I cannot pm anyone.
    2. Pmming CM and a message telling me I cannot pm is how I found out.
    3. Thanks for your response, though. :thumbsup:

It used to be that anyone could PM the mods at any time, IIRC. That may have changed over time with the changes in the forum system. He will probably see this thread sometime soon and probably peek in.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Paging Mr Mouse, Mr Church Mouse, please pick up the white courtesy phone.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I made a similar mistake awhile back, and do not remember actually losing access to anything.

If you already have an infraction and get "Another" infraction then yes you get a time out from the perks and privileges. You should be able to PM me or any staff member regardless. I will look into this issues.

The time out is either 20 or 30 days depending.

Here is a hint......do not put the danged ad up until the danged ad is complete. It is that simple. If I can do it this way then so can about any member. It really is not all that hard to do.

Thanks for the explanation as to why you did not answer my PM. I gave you a time limit to get the pics up.I waited double that time with no response so that was that.

I do not like airing these issues out in the open but there you have it.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    If you already have an infraction and get "Another" infraction then yes you get a time out from the perks and privileges. You should be able to PM me or any staff member regardless. I will look into this issues.

The time out is either 20 or 30 days depending.

Here is a hint......do not put the danged ad up until the danged ad is complete. It is that simple. If I can do it this way then so can about any member. It really is not all that hard to do.

Thanks for the explanation as to why you did not answer my PM. I gave you a time limit to get the pics up.I waited double that time with no response so that was that.

I do not like airing these issues out in the open but there you have it.

1. Thanks for your response. You have been more than fair in the past, but my stupidity has finally caught up with me. I'm an open book and have no issue with an open forum, especially if someone else can learn from my mistakes.
    2. I blame my losing my Internet and getting interrupted in my sequence of posting my ad for this incident.
    3. Even though I am blaming ATT and then my own elation for getting my Internet back and not making sure everything was done properly: rules are rules, and I will learn from my mistake.
    4. Thanks for checking what is going on with my 750 limit of pms going down to 50, b/c I have a couple of people I've been communicating with and my not responding will have them thinking I'm a real flake. Stupid, maybe, but I return messages.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    1. Thanks for your response. You have been more than fair in the past, but my stupidity has finally caught up with me. I'm an open book and have no issue with an open forum, especially if someone else can learn from my mistakes.
    2. I blame my losing my Internet and getting interrupted in my sequence of posting my ad for this incident.
    3. Even though I am blaming ATT and then my own elation for getting my Internet back and not making sure everything was done properly: rules are rules, and I will learn from my mistake.
    4. Thanks for checking what is going on with my 750 limit of pms going down to 50, b/c I have a couple of people I've been communicating with and my not responding will have them thinking I'm a real flake. Stupid, maybe, but I return messages.

#2.......as I stated.Do not put anything up until it is complete. That is the process and it will avoid having these issues.

Top Bottom