• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    There are times when certain people post pics, they don't show up. It's either how they post them or the type of file it is, I can't remember. I have "fixed" this before on another computer but can't remember what the fix was. I read on a post a long time ago that there is a simple settings change that is needed to see these pics but I can't find it.
    Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    The only thing I can think of is under your profile, general settings there are check boxes that show how photos are shown. You might try that.

Ron

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I've had this happen too. It happens when I'm on my laptop, never on my phone.

Sometimes I can hit "reply with quote" and see the pic, other times that doesn't work at all and I can't even see the link. But when I do see a link they all tend to be pics that originate from Facebook.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    The only thing I can think of is under your profile, general settings there are check boxes that show how photos are shown. You might try that.

Ron

UserCP> general settings> I have the "show images" checked, I also tried both options for "Enhanced uploading options" as on and off and no difference.
    ALSO I remember it being a settings change in the browser, which would also explain why it doesn't stay fixed at my current location. This is a "work computer" and as such the settings, history... everything gets cleared and back to default each day. My regular office computer saves settings and does't need reset each time.

I'm using Chrome.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm still not seeing images from certain members when using my Chromebook. For whatever reason posts with pics from indiucky consistently show as blank. I can see them on my phone, but not the Chromebook.

I played around with the INGO settings and Chrome settings, but to no avail.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Well, I've narrowed the issue down to the fact that I'm using an ad-blocker which is blocking images originating from "pbs.twimig.com"

I tried simply turning off the blocker for INGO but that didn't work. I'm not tech savy enough to write a rule to not block and I don't know how to white list it. But at least I know why the images are being blocked.

Top Bottom