Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Master doddg's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I just checked through UserCP, Web, and I am subscribed to 11 threads.

  2. #12
    Grandmaster WebSnyper's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by doddg View Post
    I have stopped getting email notifications for anything: not for any pms that have been sent to me (like I have for 2 yrs. except for the past 2 days now).
    I used to get email notifications for responses in any threads I had posted in, and I never did anything to get those: I just supposed that it was a default setting.

    Something has changed, and I have checked my general settings, and they have all the proper checks for me to receive them.
    Someone suggested subscribing to the threads that I want email notifications from and when I checked on that, it appeared that I was already subscribed.

    I will go to the UserCP to see what's up. I already went to Thread Tools as instructed.

    I talked to a member who went through this and he said he "unchecked" the setting, then went back to "check" it and it fixed it.
    When I tried that, it didn't change anything.

    Thanks for the input!

    If you are not getting any email notifications even for PMs and your PM notifications is turned on in UserCP (but others are getting them and not complaining about it, so that we know INGO is mailing them ok) it is possible your email provider has blacklisted INGO email for some reason and is not even accepting email from INGO (Emai providers will refuse connections on what they consider to be known spammers, etc)

    I just sent myself a test PM and I received my email notification for it without issue.

    (I presume you already checked your Spam folder)

    Do you have an email address with another email provider you can change your account to in order to test?
    Last edited by WebSnyper; 2 Weeks Ago at 21:02.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

  3. #13
    I Care...Really
    churchmouse's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I kicked this issue up the food chain. If Tex has some time he will look into it.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

    Forum Rules

    Classified Rules

    FAQ

    http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

  4. #14
    Grandmaster WebSnyper's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    As far as the getting notifications for threads you start ot have posted in, looks like you probably have this setting selected:

    Default Thread Subscription Mode: When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.

    It is under General settings, under Messaging and Notification section.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

  5. #15
    Master doddg's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by WebSnyper View Post
    If you are not getting any email notifications even for PMs and your PM notifications is turned on in UserCP (but others are getting them and not complaining about it, so that we know INGO is mailing them ok) it is possible your email provider has blacklisted INGO email for some reason and is not even accepting email from INGO (Emai providers will refuse connections on what they consider to be known spammers, etc)

    I just sent myself a test PM and I received my email notification for it without issue.

    (I presume you already checked your Spam folder)

    Do you have an email address with another email provider you can change your account to in order to test?

    Web, thanks so much!
    It never occurred to me to check my spam folder since I've been getting INGO notifications for nearly 2 yrs., but when I just went and checked: .
    There were page after page there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I have never had reason to take a website and remove it from spam to being able to come into my inbox.
    I will have to find out how to undo a website in spam.
    My son-in-law texted he would follow up tomorrow, but he is out wining and dining my daughter right now.

  6. #16
    Master doddg's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by WebSnyper View Post
    As far as the getting notifications for threads you start ot have posted in, looks like you probably have this setting selected:
    Default Thread Subscription Mode: When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.

    It is under General settings, under Messaging and Notification section.
    Yes, I did all that 3 days ago when I was told to check those settings, and of course they were all correct.
    As mentioned, after following your "spam" suggestion: now I know why the settings were all correct, but they were not hitting my inbox, but for some reason had started going to my spam folder.
    Again, thanks!

  7. #17
    I Care...Really
    churchmouse's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by doddg View Post
    Web, thanks so much!
    It never occurred to me to check my spam folder since I've been getting INGO notifications for nearly 2 yrs., but when I just went and checked: .
    There were page after page there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I have never had reason to take a website and remove it from spam to being able to come into my inbox.
    I will have to find out how to undo a website in spam.
    My son-in-law texted he would follow up tomorrow, but he is out wining and dining my daughter right now.
    Really.........
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

    Forum Rules

    Classified Rules

    FAQ

    http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

  8. #18
    Master doddg's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I just saw where I could could check the box where the email notification was in spam, then go up to the top and click "not spam."
    What I don't know, is whether that will keep future email notifications from going into spam.
    I'll find out, and try sending myself a pm to see if it shows up in my email or spam folder.
    If I can't get it to work, my geek SIL will help me with it tomorrow.

  9. #19
    Master doddg's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I just received an email notification of a pm I sent myself.
    Hopefully, I'll start receiving from the threads now, unless what I did was specific to only the pms.
    I'll go restore more of the notices to my inbox, incase it has to be done for each subscription.

  10. #20
    I Care...Really
    churchmouse's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    .
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

    Forum Rules

    Classified Rules

    FAQ

    http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •