Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

Accidentally clicked on "unsubscribe" on a thread

I was reading a thread and accidentally clicked on "unsubscribe" instead of clicking on where you go to it.
    Don't remember which one, I was hoping it was just for that post., but, this am I noticed I didn't get notices from the Thread: The Official Status Update Thread #200 Let the thaw begin. Please."
    I had posted in it and the was a response but I never got a notification. Can someone fix that or tell me how to go about engaging getting notifications in threads where I have posted?

I noticed yesterday I was still getting notifications for my pms sent to me.
    I don't know whether it is that one thread or more threads have been effected.

User Info Menu

I went and checked all my general settings, and it looks OK.

User Info Menu

Booted from the OSUT? Did you go in there with pants on?

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Hey I tried.....:lmfao;
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Go to the thread
    Click on Thread Tools (on right between thread title and first message)
    Subscribe to this thread

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    Go to the thread
    Subscribe to this thread
    Thanks, Denny.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    Go to the thread
    Subscribe to this thread
    When I went to do that it showed "unsubscribe from this thread," so I'm assuming that I am subscribed since the choice of "subscribe to this thread" wasn't there.
    I have not been getting any notifications at all today.

I never did overtly click on anything to get notifications from a response to a thead I'd posted in: it seemed to do it automatically, and I thought it was just set up that way.
    I don't know exactly what I clicked on yesterday, but I did something wrong.

Since I just want the notifications of a posting on a thread where I have posted, do I subscribe to every individual thread that I want to read?
    New threads come up that I post on w/o doing that but I've always gotten any future postings on a thread I've posted on before so I can follow it.
    Last edited by doddg; 04-03-2019 at 16:30.

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Folks, our old VBulletin format is getting long in the tooth. After the last server upgrade a few glitches popped up. Some have been addressed and some are not worth the time to address. If you can live with out an update (I know you can) then great. Improvements are in the works. Be patent as these things take time and money...
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

I've never received notices unless I explicitly subscribed to a thread and selected to receive notifications in the subscription.

I do receive notifications for PMs. (which is a separate setting in UserCP).

You can go to UserCP and look at all your subscribed threads and the notification type you have set, etc and update them either individually or in bulk.

Since you are getting notifications for PMs, it should be unlikely that your email provider has black listed INGO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WebSnyper View Post
    I've never received notices unless I explicitly subscribed to a thread and selected to receive notifications in the subscription.

I do receive notifications for PMs. (which is a separate setting in UserCP).

You can go to UserCP and look at all your subscribed threads and the notification type you have set, etc and update them either individually or in bulk.

Since you are getting notifications for PMs, it should be unlikely that your email provider has black listed INGO.

I have stopped getting email notifications for anything: not for any pms that have been sent to me (like I have for 2 yrs. except for the past 2 days now).
    I used to get email notifications for responses in any threads I had posted in, and I never did anything to get those: I just supposed that it was a default setting.

Something has changed, and I have checked my general settings, and they have all the proper checks for me to receive them.
    Someone suggested subscribing to the threads that I want email notifications from and when I checked on that, it appeared that I was already subscribed.

I will go to the UserCP to see what's up. I already went to Thread Tools as instructed.

I talked to a member who went through this and he said he "unchecked" the setting, then went back to "check" it and it fixed it.
    When I tried that, it didn't change anything.

Thanks for the input!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast