Not open for further replies.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I was reading a thread and accidentally clicked on "unsubscribe" instead of clicking on where you go to it.
    Don't remember which one, I was hoping it was just for that post., but, this am I noticed I didn't get notices from the Thread: The Official Status Update Thread #200 Let the thaw begin. Please."
    I had posted in it and the was a response but I never got a notification. Can someone fix that or tell me how to go about engaging getting notifications in threads where I have posted?

I noticed yesterday I was still getting notifications for my pms sent to me.
    I don't know whether it is that one thread or more threads have been effected.

Salty

Unwokeable
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Go to the thread
    Click on Thread Tools (on right between thread title and first message)
    Subscribe to this thread

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Go to the thread
    Click on Thread Tools (on right between thread title and first message)
    Subscribe to this thread

When I went to do that it showed "unsubscribe from this thread," so I'm assuming that I am subscribed since the choice of "subscribe to this thread" wasn't there.
    I have not been getting any notifications at all today.

I never did overtly click on anything to get notifications from a response to a thead I'd posted in: it seemed to do it automatically, and I thought it was just set up that way.
    I don't know exactly what I clicked on yesterday, but I did something wrong.

Since I just want the notifications of a posting on a thread where I have posted, do I subscribe to every individual thread that I want to read?
    New threads come up that I post on w/o doing that but I've always gotten any future postings on a thread I've posted on before so I can follow it.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Folks, our old VBulletin format is getting long in the tooth. After the last server upgrade a few glitches popped up. Some have been addressed and some are not worth the time to address. If you can live with out an update (I know you can) then great. Improvements are in the works. Be patent as these things take time and money...:):

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've never received notices unless I explicitly subscribed to a thread and selected to receive notifications in the subscription.

I do receive notifications for PMs. (which is a separate setting in UserCP).

You can go to UserCP and look at all your subscribed threads and the notification type you have set, etc and update them either individually or in bulk.

Since you are getting notifications for PMs, it should be unlikely that your email provider has black listed INGO.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I've never received notices unless I explicitly subscribed to a thread and selected to receive notifications in the subscription.

I do receive notifications for PMs. (which is a separate setting in UserCP).

You can go to UserCP and look at all your subscribed threads and the notification type you have set, etc and update them either individually or in bulk.

Since you are getting notifications for PMs, it should be unlikely that your email provider has black listed INGO.

I have stopped getting email notifications for anything: not for any pms that have been sent to me (like I have for 2 yrs. except for the past 2 days now).
    I used to get email notifications for responses in any threads I had posted in, and I never did anything to get those: I just supposed that it was a default setting.

Something has changed, and I have checked my general settings, and they have all the proper checks for me to receive them.
    Someone suggested subscribing to the threads that I want email notifications from and when I checked on that, it appeared that I was already subscribed.

I will go to the UserCP to see what's up. I already went to Thread Tools as instructed.

I talked to a member who went through this and he said he "unchecked" the setting, then went back to "check" it and it fixed it.
    When I tried that, it didn't change anything.

Thanks for the input!

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have stopped getting email notifications for anything: not for any pms that have been sent to me (like I have for 2 yrs. except for the past 2 days now).
    I used to get email notifications for responses in any threads I had posted in, and I never did anything to get those: I just supposed that it was a default setting.

Something has changed, and I have checked my general settings, and they have all the proper checks for me to receive them.
    Someone suggested subscribing to the threads that I want email notifications from and when I checked on that, it appeared that I was already subscribed.

I will go to the UserCP to see what's up. I already went to Thread Tools as instructed.

I talked to a member who went through this and he said he "unchecked" the setting, then went back to "check" it and it fixed it.
    When I tried that, it didn't change anything.

Thanks for the input!

If you are not getting any email notifications even for PMs and your PM notifications is turned on in UserCP (but others are getting them and not complaining about it, so that we know INGO is mailing them ok) it is possible your email provider has blacklisted INGO email for some reason and is not even accepting email from INGO (Emai providers will refuse connections on what they consider to be known spammers, etc)

I just sent myself a test PM and I received my email notification for it without issue.

(I presume you already checked your Spam folder)

Do you have an email address with another email provider you can change your account to in order to test?

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    As far as the getting notifications for threads you start ot have posted in, looks like you probably have this setting selected:

Default Thread Subscription Mode: When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.

It is under General settings, under Messaging and Notification section.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    If you are not getting any email notifications even for PMs and your PM notifications is turned on in UserCP (but others are getting them and not complaining about it, so that we know INGO is mailing them ok) it is possible your email provider has blacklisted INGO email for some reason and is not even accepting email from INGO (Emai providers will refuse connections on what they consider to be known spammers, etc)

I just sent myself a test PM and I received my email notification for it without issue.

(I presume you already checked your Spam folder)

Do you have an email address with another email provider you can change your account to in order to test?

Web, thanks so much!
    It never occurred to me to check my spam folder since I've been getting INGO notifications for nearly 2 yrs., but when I just went and checked: :wow: .
    There were page after page there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never had reason to take a website and remove it from spam to being able to come into my inbox.
    I will have to find out how to undo a website in spam.
    My son-in-law texted he would follow up tomorrow, but he is out wining and dining my daughter right now. :laugh:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    As far as the getting notifications for threads you start ot have posted in, looks like you probably have this setting selected:
    Default Thread Subscription Mode: When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.

It is under General settings, under Messaging and Notification section.

Yes, I did all that 3 days ago when I was told to check those settings, and of course they were all correct.
    As mentioned, after following your "spam" suggestion: now I know why the settings were all correct, but they were not hitting my inbox, but for some reason had started going to my spam folder. :wallbash:
    Again, thanks!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Web, thanks so much!
    It never occurred to me to check my spam folder since I've been getting INGO notifications for nearly 2 yrs., but when I just went and checked: :wow: .
    There were page after page there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never had reason to take a website and remove it from spam to being able to come into my inbox.
    I will have to find out how to undo a website in spam.
    My son-in-law texted he would follow up tomorrow, but he is out wining and dining my daughter right now. :laugh:

Really.........

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I just saw where I could could check the box where the email notification was in spam, then go up to the top and click "not spam."
    What I don't know, is whether that will keep future email notifications from going into spam.
    I'll find out, and try sending myself a pm to see if it shows up in my email or spam folder.
    If I can't get it to work, my geek SIL will help me with it tomorrow.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I just received an email notification of a pm I sent myself.
    Hopefully, I'll start receiving from the threads now, unless what I did was specific to only the pms.
    I'll go restore more of the notices to my inbox, incase it has to be done for each subscription.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom