• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Strange, but I have always gotten notices in my email when someone posted on one of my threads or even when I posted on someone else's thread.
    I just noticed this am that I hadn't gotten any responses to a post I started last night:
    Bought VORTEX STRIKEFIRE II RED DOT.

It was brought to my attention in a text that there had been a few responses & I didn't know.

I checked another thread that I didn't start but simply post in daily:
    The "Official" Status update thread #202 Its summer time summer time.

I never got the usual notices of responses from others.

I now wonder how long that has been happening and what I've missed.
    I'll go back and check my posts to see, but I wonder what has caused me to lose this option.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the input. :thumbsup:

I'm still not getting any notices from INGO?

I will check around and see what I can "click" on that got "unclicked" somehow (my arthritic fingers :fogey:).
    I'm getting notices and emails from all kinds of other sites.
    I know one time in the past I had clicked on "unsubscribe" accidentally, but that was just on one thread (don't really remember).

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I checked my General Settings on INGO: everything looked fine.

Default Thread Subscription Mode: Instantly, using email
    When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.

All the other setting were "on" or "saved" appropriately.

I hope my pm is working since I have a couple items for sale and have more to put up for sale.

Would someone send me a pm to make sure that is still engaged?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Problem solved!
    They were in SPAM.
    My wife had this happen to her a couple of weeks ago from a weekly email she had been getting from The Creek every week and then it stopped:
    it was in Spam.

I can't believe I didn't think of it since it seems to happen every blue moon.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    When you check your Yahoo email are you signing into your EarthLink dial up modem on your windows 98se Tandy computer?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    When you check your Yahoo email are you signing into your EarthLink dial up modem on your windows 98se Tandy computer?

:rofl: I have a cmp geek son-in-law with a speed of 900 in Nashville, TN.
    He earns a great living with cmps; it's been fun watching him move up the ladder with different corporations, going from making more money than me (after 5 different decades of teaching) w/o a degree, to getting his degree and really moving up the ladder.
    I keeps me in the last decade, so at least I'm not in the last century. :laugh:
    My last 2 cmps he hand-built, refusing to let me buy one in the store. :dunno:
    I had a speed of 80 with Sprint, then moved down to 50 with ATT before I moved 19 months ago and in my neighborhood I get only a speed of 25.
    I'll be switching back to Sprint since my ATT bill has gone up from $120 to $175 recently.
    I might get another year or two of a "special" before I cut the cable and go other routes for cable like my son (34) and daughter (39) have done.
    The wife wants me to just cut it now, but I"m really addicted to all the Science and Nature shows, plus Hallmark & HGTV to keep the marriage alive. :lmfao:

Top Bottom