• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    We are going to make a few updates and clarifications to the rules in the classifieds.

*First: This will be about pictures. Photobucket has gone the pay-to-play route again, or some form of it. When you post a picture using photobucket, it is showing up like this.

6ScgwGh.png

This isn't acceptable in the classifieds. We need to be able to see CLEAR pictures of the item for sale. When you post them, you may be able to see them clearly, but we can't. As of right now, Imgur seems to be the best bet for picture hosting. There is a link in my signature line to a tutorial video on how to use Imgur.

*Second: We need to see actual pictures of the item for sale/trade. Stock photos are not allowed by themselves.

*Third: Any ad marked SPF for longer than 14 days will be treated as a SOLD ad. If it's not closed, you may receive an infraction.

*Fourth: Phone numbers, email addresses or other forms of contacts are not allowed in your ads. This bypasses the PM system and opens up the ad to the general public.

If you have any questions, please PM me.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    A suggestion for Texkev. Provide additional storage for site supporters above a certain annual dollar amount so we can be done with this crap. And it doesnt have to be huge. maybe a 500mb? That should be plenty to host lots of Classy photos. Maybe $30/year gets us enough space so we dont have to go elsewhere and jump through the hoops and constantly change as providers decide to stop hosting pics for free. (cant blame them tho. storage and bandwidth cost)

Personally, I dont have to worry about it because I own my own website and can hotlink photos there. (until they move my site to another server and break it again :): ) But it would be great to be able to upload the pic here without worrying about running out of room.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Thanks for the clarification, I thought those were the rules.

I am afraid I may have a really old ad that I did not close. I will try to find it and close it.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    We are going to make a few updates and clarifications to the rules in the classifieds.

*First: This will be about pictures. Photobucket has gone the pay-to-play route again, or some form of it. When you post a picture using photobucket, it is showing up like this.

6ScgwGh.png

This isn't acceptable in the classifieds. We need to be able to see CLEAR pictures of the item for sale. When you post them, you may be able to see them clearly, but we can't. As of right now, Imgur seems to be the best bet for picture hosting. There is a link in my signature line to a tutorial video on how to use Imgur.

So how am I suppose to sell my fuzzy gun collection if you don't like my pictures? :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A suggestion for Texkev. Provide additional storage for site supporters above a certain annual dollar amount so we can be done with this crap. And it doesnt have to be huge. maybe a 500mb? That should be plenty to host lots of Classy photos. Maybe $30/year gets us enough space so we dont have to go elsewhere and jump through the hoops and constantly change as providers decide to stop hosting pics for free. (cant blame them tho. storage and bandwidth cost)

Personally, I dont have to worry about it because I own my own website and can hotlink photos there. (until they move my site to another server and break it again :): ) But it would be great to be able to upload the pic here without worrying about running out of room.

OK you are wanting unicorns. The bandwidth required is pretty much the real issue here.
    There will b improvements coming just not sure what they will entail.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    OK you are wanting unicorns. The bandwidth required is pretty much the real issue here.
    There will b improvements coming just not sure what they will entail.

I wouldn't call it a unicorn. Other service providers are able to do it quite well and make money doing so. I wouldn't expect extra storage for $20, but at a higher level, sure! Its doable. Remember I also do this crap for a living. There are things in HVAC I would think would be unicorns that you would tell me are entirely doable. Just sayin.

EDIT: And if he would choose not to, I understand.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I wouldn't call it a unicorn. Other service providers are able to do it quite well and make money doing so. I wouldn't expect extra storage for $20, but at a higher level, sure! Its doable. Remember I also do this crap for a living. There are things in HVAC I would think would be unicorns that you would tell me are entirely doable. Just sayin.

EDIT: And if he would choose not to, I understand.

Yup. Correct on both counts but yes. This is a business.
    Getting a pic posted up is not that hard especially if my sorry butt can do it and as you well know my Google-Fu is weak...:):

The point here is members knowingly putting off focus pics up and calling it good. It is not good. So :p.....:):

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm possibly worse than CM when it comes to computer stuff though I work on one all day(mostly spreadsheets and e-mail) but can I do the Imgur thing on my computer? I understand the video, but I normally post classifieds from my computer.

If not, I'll use my phone but my personal phone is an iPhone and my work phone is Android so there will be some logistical issues for me to overcome.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm possibly worse than CM when it comes to computer stuff though I work on one all day(mostly spreadsheets and e-mail) but can I do the Imgur thing on my computer? I understand the video, but I normally post classifieds from my computer.

If not, I'll use my phone but my personal phone is an iPhone and my work phone is Android so there will be some logistical issues for me to overcome.

Point of reference as to how weak my Google-Fu really is....These 2 move about the Ethernet with relative ease. They are 6 years old. I can only smile.

So to all involved (not you gregk) please stop saying how hard this is. I pulled this pic off of Imgur in just a few moments. If you can not master this just ask and we (staff) will be most happy to help. But crying about it is just silly.

OagbFnc.jpg

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    If Imgur is not your thing, Postimages.org is also free and easy. Upload photo and copy/paste the link that says "hotlink for forums".

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Are you gonna drop the 50 post requirement for classified posting?

Asking for a friend.

:stickpoke:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Maybe it's just me, but the Imgur app has always been spotty for me. Sometimes it works OK, sometimes not.

I use https://postimages.org/ most of the time.

For this guy anyway, I'm happy to contribute a nominal $ figure to INGO to be a site supporter.
    I argue with myself every year whether the minimum is too high already. I would not be interested in the price going up again. :twocents:

Top Bottom