Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WebSnyper View Post
    I'd say it is very much appreciated not to bump the ad with things that could be answered in PM or the OP receives the PM and then updates the original post. Though within the rules, I personally can't stand the "I'll take it" or "PM sent" in my own classified ads or when running through them. It gives a false impression that the item is somehow spoken for, when in actuality until the OP decides the item is spoke for and updates the original post with that, it is not spoken for. And I personally think that is generally the motive when someone posts I'll take it. (Again, not a mod so not up to me)...
    ^^^^^ This right here! ^^^^^

Rules or no rules, it ain't cool to bump an add to the top when it could be handled via PM and stay in line, where the add should be.

The seller will take your "I'll take it" via PM (or not take your claim to the item) the same as they would if you "called dibs" bumping the add to the top of the page.

-----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WebSnyper View Post
    I'd say it is very much appreciated not to bump the ad with things that could be answered in PM or the OP receives the PM and then updates the original post. Though within the rules, I personally can't stand the "I'll take it" or "PM sent" in my own classified ads or when running through them. It gives a false impression that the item is somehow spoken for, when in actuality until the OP decides the item is spoke for and updates the original post with that, it is not spoken for. And I personally think that is generally the motive when someone posts I'll take it. (Again, not a mod so not up to me)

The worst is when someone posts "I'll take it" then wants to negotiate some low ball offer, etc.

I totally agree with you.
    That is what I've done in either updating my post b/c I have left out something germane after a pm question, or someone has updated an ad after I pm them asking pertinent questions that weren't put in the ad. It happens, even in my "too-long" ads answering all anticipated questions besides God's plan of salvation.

As to the "I'll take it" and then pm dickering about the price: that would really hack me off.
    I have told people who have done that to me (Armslist) when we meet, then they start in on the price.
    Once I just laughed at them, and another time, since it was a younger guy, I educated him about the time to negotiate was before the meeting.
    I told them I nearly just turned around and got in my car and drive away when he started asking about price.
    I'm sure an Uncle or older brother told him that was the way to drive a hard bargain b/c people wouldn't walk away. Try me: I don't need the money, I just love to sell guns!

My prices reflect what I pay and I am a bargain hunter, and I have told people, "Good luck in finding this gun at your price b/c I'd by 5 more of them at that price if I was trying to make money instead of just a fun hobby."

In the past when dealing with Armslist people and I have a fair price (below what I see others selling), and they lowball me $150 on a modestly price gun, I once came back with a counter offer of however much they lowballed me and add that to the original price (legally, a counter offer negates the original offer), or once I remember just raising the price by $25.
    It ls a fun way of telling someone where to go and what to do when they get there.

When a gun doesn't sell the 1st weekend on INGO, I'll put it on Armslist & I'll always get the outlandish: I have cash & meet you............ (like there is another way of paying ), and then offer something stupid.
    This has nothing to do with normal negotiations that we all do to find the "real" price and just by asking we can save $25-$50, or not.
    I am selling a $475 revolver & a guy offered $400, which was w/i reason and I just told him I'd keep it at $400 to play with some more: I was not offended.
    I have had guns listed for $110, and would not come down to $100 b/c I knew it was worth $125.
    I've told people to check the ad in a couple of weeks, if it hasn't sold I'll be lowering the price $25.
    It always sells before that, although lately it has been humbling and I've actually had to lose $25, even $50 on a gun to sell it b/c things are slower now.
    But, that's OK, I'm just spoiled being able to sell guns for what I pay for them since I buy usually when it is a bargain, but if I had fun with the gun, I don't mind losing a little.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    ^^^^^ This right here! ^^^^^

Rules or no rules, it ain't cool to bump an add to the top when it could be handled via PM and stay in line, where the add should be.

The seller will take your "I'll take it" (or not) the same as they would if you "called dibs" bumping the add to the top of the page.

Just marking territory.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

How many thousand times have we classifieds followers seen CM "yelling" at folks for bumping adds with silly questions?
    Last edited by bwframe; 12-11-2019 at 13:15.
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

User Info Menu

If the question is relevant to everyone looking then I think it's okay to 'bump' that into the thread. If they don't mention things like caliber, location or what not everyone interested wants to know; like VUPDblue said in post #4.
    Thor himself has spoken, mere mortals must make it so. - bradmedic04

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    If the question is relevant to everyone looking then I think it's okay to 'bump' that into the thread. If they don't mention things like caliber, location or what not everyone interested wants to know; like VUPDblue said in post #4.
    ^^THIS^^^^^^

Relevance to the item up for sale/trade then yes we allow it.

It still irritates me to see "PM" sent as we all know what this is.
    Then you get seconds etc especially f it is a deal.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

User Info Menu

I'll take it!

Wait...what are we talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    Jagee makes Beetlejuice look like a *****!

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jagee View Post
    I'll take it!

Wait...what are we talking about?
    Reported..Ö

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

User Info Menu

I had a guy get snotty with me, the buyer, on an item one time because I DIDN'T post an "I'll take it". His reasoning was that I didn't call dibs therefore it was still available. Never mind property and money exchanged hands a day and a half before his "dibs"!
    Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by femurphy77 View Post
    I had a guy get snotty with me, the buyer, on an item one time because I DIDN'T post an "I'll take it". His reasoning was that I didn't call dibs therefore it was still available. Never mind property and money exchanged hands a day and a half before his "dibs"!
    Then the ad was not closed right away and the seller was at fault.....Just saying....

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast