Join INGunOwners For Free
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Grandmaster doddg's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    "Reply With Quote" not working?

    This started yesterday (Tuesday 24, 2020) when I would want to respond to someone' post in a thread.
    When I would click on "Reply With Quote" my cursor just sits there and spins.
    Never had that happen before.

    I have gone around that by simply copying & pasting and writing in the person's name & the word "Quote."
    I have to push the refresh button to get the cursor to stop spinning.

    An example of what I'm doing:
    1775Submarine Quote: A nice 1006 was on armslist for 875 a day or 2 ago. Im sure its sold by now. Otherwise should be adding a 908 to my collection in a few hrs. Wish I had an extra 700 on hand would of bought both the 6906 and 3953 thats been floating around. Quote.
    (And then I respond to their post after skipping 3-4 lines)

    Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    VUPDblue's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by doddg View Post
    This started yesterday (Tuesday 24, 2020) when I would want to respond to someone' post in a thread.
    When I would click on "Reply With Quote" my cursor just sits there and spins.
    Never had that happen before.

    I have gone around that by simply copying & pasting and writing in the person's name & the word "Quote."
    I have to push the refresh button to get the cursor to stop spinning.

    An example of what I'm doing:
    1775Submarine Quote: A nice 1006 was on armslist for 875 a day or 2 ago. Im sure its sold by now. Otherwise should be adding a 908 to my collection in a few hrs. Wish I had an extra 700 on hand would of bought both the 6906 and 3953 thats been floating around. Quote.

    Any suggestions?


    works fine for me
    VUPDblue's Rule #1: Don't be a jerk.

    Marion County Fish and Game.Central Indiana's best shooting
    sports facility!



    Rules of the INGO Classifieds

    INGO rules of conduct

    INGO Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

  3. #3
    Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    VUPDblue's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    But if you want to manually type the quotation code, it is "quote=1775usmarine" wrapped by [] at the beginning of your cut-n-paste and "/quote" wrapped by [] at the end.
    VUPDblue's Rule #1: Don't be a jerk.

    Marion County Fish and Game.Central Indiana's best shooting
    sports facility!



    Rules of the INGO Classifieds

    INGO rules of conduct

    INGO Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

  4. #4
    Grandmaster doddg's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I noticed that when it doesn't do the "Quote" thing it does something like this:
    Originally Posted by 1775usmarine
    Hoping to make a deal on another 3rd gen to add to my collection.

    Never have figured out why it will sometimes do the "Quote" & sometimes the "Originally Posted by" when clicking on "Reply With Quote."

    Thanks for your input. Originally Posted by 1775usmarine
    Hoping to make a deal on another 3rd gen to add to my collection.

  5. #5
    Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    VUPDblue's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    When you want the "originally posted by" tag, you use the code I posted above. It should look like this:

    Quote Originally Posted by VUPDblue
    This is what my self-typed code tags looks like when I want you to know who said it
    This is what it looks like when you don't use the "quote=username" code
    VUPDblue's Rule #1: Don't be a jerk.

    Marion County Fish and Game.Central Indiana's best shooting
    sports facility!



    Rules of the INGO Classifieds

    INGO rules of conduct

    INGO Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

  6. #6
    Grandmaster doddg's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I feel really stupid!

    I usually turn off my cmp before I go to bed every night, but haven't the last 2 nights.
    That is teh first thing I should have done!

    After doing so, the anomaly disappeared.

    Sorry to bother.

  7. #7
    Grandmaster 1775usmarine's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I made it INGO!!!!!!!! Got a thread dedicated to me and im not shootered.
    “Son, when the Marine Corps wants you to have a wife, you will be issued one.” -Chesty Puller


  8. #8
    Grandmaster WebSnyper's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by doddg View Post
    I feel really stupid!

    I usually turn off my cmp before I go to bed every night, but haven't the last 2 nights.
    That is teh first thing I should have done!

    After doing so, the anomaly disappeared.

    Sorry to bother.
    Yep, was going to suggest a reboot. Usually sound advice for any sudden changes in behavior that doesn't seem to be directly after some sort of update, etc.

    I had what you mentioned a bit back. Closing, reopening browser didn't fix it so reboot and voila it was all good.

    Also I use what VUPD posted above when I want to insert something as a quote from an outside article etc as well. Just use the quote /quote surrounded by [] without needing a user name:

    itsy bitsy spider example text
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

  9. #9
    Le mot juste 2A_Tom's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by VUPDblue View Post
    works fine for me
    Me too.




  10. #10
    Le mot juste 2A_Tom's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by doddg View Post
    This started yesterday (Tuesday 24, 2020) when I would want to respond to someone' post in a thread.
    When I would click on "Reply With Quote" my cursor just sits there and spins.
    Never had that happen before.

    I have gone around that by simply copying & pasting and writing in the person's name & the word "Quote."
    I have to push the refresh button to get the cursor to stop spinning.

    An example of what I'm doing:
    1775Submarine Quote: A nice 1006 was on armslist for 875 a day or 2 ago. Im sure its sold by now. Otherwise should be adding a 908 to my collection in a few hrs. Wish I had an extra 700 on hand would of bought both the 6906 and 3953 thats been floating around. Quote.
    (And then I respond to their post after skipping 3-4 lines)

    Any suggestions?
    1775 submarine is not south quoting.





Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge