• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I've been through my settings, even cleaned out some old attachments sitting in INGOs storage since 2015, but can't seem to find a way to edit what would allow me to see some photos and not others.

Kirk posted one here that I can't see: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long-guns/482301-lost-land-budget-lvpos-2.html There are other examples but this is an easy one to grab.

but I can see most (not all) of them here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long-guns/38742-ar-15-m-16-show-tell-530.html

Thoughts?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Are you a facebook user? Kirk's is on facebook. If not, that could be why you cant see it.
    If you are a facebook user, are you following Kirk's page? If not, and he has that pic set as friends only, that could be it.

That is the difference I am seeing. Kirk's is on FB, the other thread has a mix of FB and imgur links.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Oh, and so I dont have to sort through every last picture, which picture in the show and tell CANT you see. What post number(s)?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I dont see a pic there either. At work I sometimes cant see some photos. But only certain ones from certain people. I dont see any pics in that or the one 2 later from DM. But I'm working from home today and on my home PC so I dont think that is it.

Or DM is using something that even my home PC doesnt like.

Do you not see any pic, or just a placeholder. I see a reference to more FB photos that cant be viewed in the debugger. But I'm not a friend of DMs on FB. If I try to load just the photos manually it lists, FB gives me a signature timeout error.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I dont see a pic there either. At work I sometimes cant see some photos. But only certain ones from certain people. I dont see any pics in that or the one 2 later from DM. But I'm working from home today and on my home PC so I dont think that is it.

Or DM is using something that even my home PC doesnt like.

Do you not see any pic, or just a placeholder. I see a reference to more FB photos that cant be viewed in the debugger. But I'm not a friend of DMs on FB. If I try to load just the photos manually it lists, FB gives me a signature timeout error.

No placeholder, that might have given me some kind of clue as to what was going on if that had been the case.

IF it's an issue with users using the bookface to link photos over to INGO then it won't be resolved. I'm not going to link my personal social media to INGO and I'm not going to follow people I don't know just so I can see a few more gun pics or some eye candy in the women with guns threads.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No placeholder, that might have given me some kind of clue as to what was going on if that had been the case.

IF it's an issue with users using the bookface to link photos over to INGO then it won't be resolved. I'm not going to link my personal social media to INGO and I'm not going to follow people I don't know just so I can see a few more gun pics or some eye candy in the women with guns threads.

Yeah, its not about linking ingo to FB. Its whether you are friends with those folks. Its between your browser, its ability to see things on FB because youre perpetually logged in on your browser, and how the picture was posted on FB:
    Public share, you'll see it.
    Friends only share and you are friends, you'll see it.
    Friends only and you arent friends, no pic.
    (FB login info not saved in your browser, wont see it even if you are friends)

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    For the sake of troubleshooting, I'm logged in to the bookface while on this computer. No joy.

You mentioned seeing some kind of placeholder, I don't see anything like that.

Do you see this picture?

34354_416402312459_420167_n.jpg

---------------------------

How about photo #2?
    101989567_10158300926852460_6070413111519608832_n.jpg

the first is a public photo. The second is friends only. If you cant see #2, that is probably why you cant see DMs... because his are also friends only.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Could be a browser issue. I use Firefox, but some pics don't show up. Can see them using Edge. At work yesterday USPS tracking stopped working with Edge, Chrome works fine.

Madness I tellz ya!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    Do you see this picture?

34354_416402312459_420167_n.jpg

---------------------------

How about photo #2?
    101989567_10158300926852460_6070413111519608832_n.jpg

the first is a public photo. The second is friends only. If you cant see #2, that is probably why you cant see DMs... because his are also friends only.

No photo, no placeholder, no indication of anything except your word that something is there. Now I think you're yanking my chain!

45C1mss.jpg

Attachments

• 45C1mss.png
      45C1mss.png
      509 bytes · Views: 2

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No photo, no placeholder, no indication of anything except your word that something is there. Now I think you're yanking my chain!

View attachment 88214

This is what I see. (this time hosted from my personal web server so you can see it)
    FBPICS.JPG

Whenever somebody posts pics hosted on FB, public or not, you cant see them. That is what is going on.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    Could be a browser issue. I use Firefox, but some pics don't show up. Can see them using Edge. At work yesterday USPS tracking stopped working with Edge, Chrome works fine.

Madness I tellz ya!

Now I need to dig into firefox more. I'm sure there is a configuration setting that I can find somewhere. It's a firefox issue, not bookface or privacy. I swapped over to Edge *shudder* and didn't bother logging in and everything shows fine. I'm willing to use Chrome, but Edge or Internet Exploder *Explorer* isn't an option that I'm willing to bother with. They can both die slow and painful deaths.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Now I need to dig into firefox more. I'm sure there is a configuration setting that I can find somewhere. It's a firefox issue, not bookface or privacy. I swapped over to Edge *shudder* and didn't bother logging in and everything shows fine. I'm willing to use Chrome, but Edge or Internet Exploder *Explorer* isn't an option that I'm willing to bother with. They can both die slow and painful deaths.

I'm not having the same issues and use firefox across a number of devices. Are you using any 3rd party extensions, etc?

Might also take a look here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/k...t show,7 Images still do not load correctly.

Top Bottom