• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I just got a warning for having a bunch of old for sale posts that aren't closed, which is not a problem becasue that is true. The reason those threads are still open is because the option to "edit post" is no longer available on those posts.

I tried to close a bunch of them a few months ago when someone inquired about an item that I'd posted for sale years ago. At that time I found I couldn't edit or close any of the older for sale threads. I thought it was a function of the forum that older threads and posts just could no longer be edited. Today as I was looking through my posts and threads, which posts I can edit and which ones I can't seem to be pretty random.

Am I the only one experiencing this issue?

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I can't speak to your details, but I do know that editing is disabled after a certain amount of time. I'd recommend closing those ads and putting out new ones.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just got a warning for having a bunch of old for sale posts that aren't closed, which is not a problem becasue that is true. The reason those threads are still open is because the option to "edit post" is no longer available on those posts.

I tried to close a bunch of them a few months ago when someone inquired about an item that I'd posted for sale years ago. At that time I found I couldn't edit or close any of the older for sale threads. I thought it was a function of the forum that older threads and posts just could no longer be edited. Today as I was looking through my posts and threads, which posts I can edit and which ones I can't seem to be pretty random.

Am I the only one experiencing this issue?

There is an Administrative selection on the top of the ad. Click it and the drop down opens with close ad selected. Select proceed.

If an ad is left unattended for an extended period then no, you can not edit it any longer. It depends on how "Long" they have sat.

Top Bottom