• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    You can report PM's. If this happens, just do that. We'll get it on this end.

1. Made a post in WTB forum
    2. Next morning I have a response from Texas from a user with zero posts. They give me a phone number.
    3. I see their phone type because they use Tapatalk. Realize it’s likely India or a Nalgeria..
    4. Chose to ignore. 9 hours later I get a text and it’s saying “please text, I’m having a hard time hearing you”
    5. I’m in disbelief that suddenly my info is out there for a user. I don’t think INGO has our phone numbers stored publicly in any way.

Thoughts? How does a zero post count go from a wtb ad I’ve never responded to, texting me with a statement unrelated to the ad, and more like bait. Do have a number in my profile and don’t realize it? Thanks for any thoughts.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    1. Made a post in WTB forum
    2. Next morning I have a response from Texas from a user with zero posts. They give me a phone number.
    3. I see their phone type because they use Tapatalk. Realize it’s likely India or a Nalgeria..
    4. Chose to ignore. 9 hours later I get a text and it’s saying “please text, I’m having a hard time hearing you”
    5. I’m in disbelief that suddenly my info is out there for a user. I don’t think INGO has our phone numbers stored publicly in any way.

Thoughts? How does a zero post count go from a wtb ad I’ve never responded to, texting me with a statement unrelated to the ad, and more like bait. Do have a number in my profile and don’t realize it? Thanks for any thoughts.

These scammers and thieves have become very bold and seriously resourceful. Your info is out there. Somewhere.
    Block the number coming into your phone.
    If you get these posts here then why would you ignore it. Report it so we can deal on our end if possible.
    Never ignore these issues.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    This is disturbing. I still wonder why someone with 0 posts and not a site supporter can send PMs.
    Before anyone says, well just wait for the new improved super secure board software we are going to, I have been seeing this same "glitch" is being reported on it. Some how scammers are able to PM with no posts.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    This is disturbing. I still wonder why someone with 0 posts and not a site supporter can send PMs.
    Before anyone says, well just wait for the new improved super secure board software we are going to, I have been seeing this same "glitch" is being reported on it. Some how scammers are able to PM with no posts.

So google basically scans literally every website, that's how they get results so fast. Years ago there was a trick you could do that made your web browser look like a google scanner so it would allow you to access pay sites for free or even see the admin only threads and sections of forums. I'm would imagine a similar trick would allow you to send pms

Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    These scammers and thieves have become very bold and seriously resourceful. Your info is out there. Somewhere.
    Block the number coming into your phone.
    If you get these posts here then why would you ignore it. Report it so we can deal on our end if possible.
    Never ignore these issues.

Got it reported! Thanks Sir! Idiot me was staying with the in-laws and getting time to pound keys was limited. I won’t go into detail about bourbon influencing my post timing or understanding of urgency.... thanks again!

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    So for the heck of it I visited the site when not logged in. A site visitor who is not logged in can view a user's profile, see their activity, view any visitor messages they have received (unless the user turns off the visitor messaging in settings), their about me page, friends, and post areas. You can also view the classifieds without being logged in. I believe the ability for a user not logged in to view profile pages and specific forums can be turned off in the admin settings for vBulletin. I could not find a way to send myself a PM or visitor, but did not try to fool the software, just looked around while not logged in.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Being able to view the classifieds is intentional. It is a marketing decision made some time ago to attract additional visitors, though it carries the downside of runners.

Top Bottom